What's new
Hey all, sorry for the bump of an old thread but a number of folks have reached out over the past few months because they missed out on the CPS3 and CPS2 runs. Given that I am working diligently on the CPS1.5 case now that I have a kit in hand to measure and work out the prototypes it made sense that if enough interest was there I could do another CPS3 and CPS2 run. I guess that means my "last run" wasn't really the "last" now does it?

I didn't intend to do more, but the number of emails I received over the last 6 months couldn't be ignored and I have some bandwidth to do it given my MBA workload at the moment is rather easy programming related topics.

Unlike last time (which was a huge pain in my butt) I am forgoing lists and separate pp invoices, etc. and just setup a simple product page here:

https://jasenscustomsarchive.com/shop/

Right now, only CPS3 cases are up. I picked up a second CPS2 board to measure and check variances on the standoffs for the A board since a few people had told me that one mounting point was slightly off. My board bolted right up so either mine has a worn out hole making it bigger in one of the spots or there is some slight tolerance issues from early 90s manufacturing. Either way, Im going to use my new laser cutter to generate up some bolting pattern shifts to tweak and validate with both pcbs. Once done, Ill do a run for the CPS2 cases too.

Hey all, sorry for the bump of an old thread but a number of folks have reached out over the past few months because they missed out on the CPS3 and CPS2 runs. Given that I am working diligently on the CPS1.5 case now that I have a kit in hand to measure and work out the prototypes it made sense that if enough interest was there I could do another CPS3 and CPS2 run. I guess that means my "last run" wasn't really the "last" now does it?

I didn't intend to do more, but the number of emails I received over the last 6 months couldn't be ignored and I have some bandwidth to do it given my MBA workload at the moment is rather easy programming related topics.

Unlike last time (which was a huge pain in my butt) I am forgoing lists and separate pp invoices, etc. and just setup a simple product page here:

Right now, only CPS3 cases are up. I picked up a second CPS2 board to measure and check variances on the standoffs for the A board since a few people had told me that one mounting point was slightly off. My board bolted right up so either mine has a worn out hole making it bigger in one of the spots or there is some slight tolerance issues from early 90s manufacturing. Either way, Im going to use my new laser cutter to generate up some bolting pattern shifts to tweak and validate with both pcbs. Once done, Ill do a run for the CPS2 cases too.
Thank you for your awesome work! producing any kind of anything is challenging at the moment and you are doing the doing.

Quick question on the "Melty" theme (Red top, Black bottom) - any pics or colour swatches for the red colour? is it like a candy apple red, or a blood red? Red Cross red?

Thank you for your awesome work! producing any kind of anything is challenging at the moment and you are doing the doing. Quick question on the "Melty" theme (Red top, Black bottom) - any pics or colour swatches for the red colour? is it like a candy apple red, or a blood red? Red Cross red?
Thank you for your awesome work! producing any kind of anything is challenging at the moment and you are doing the doing. Quick question on the "Melty" theme (Red top, Black bottom) - any pics or colour swatches for the red colour? is it like a candy apple red, or a blood red? Red Cross red?

It's a glossy red, like a sports car. I did the Panzer Fight Stick in that color for a number of folks. I'll see if I can find an old photo and post it up.

@JasenHicks on the CPS1.5 multi case, can you also add support/punch-out for the remote DIPs PCB?
20220603_150131-jpg.jpg

Something preferably near the LCD selector screen please.

The filterboard mounted DIPs do NOT need case support, as they already attach to the exposed filterboard.
20220321_223533-jpg.jpg

The "bottomer" DIPs are 100% out (because they solder to the underside of the A-Board and CANNOT be supported by a case period).

I got my pre-order in for the current CPS3 run earlier this week, I'd definitely pick up a CPS2 if you did another run!

Additionally I'm in for the CPS1.5 whenever available as well.

I got my pre-order in for the current CPS3 run earlier this week, I'd definitely pick up a CPS2 if you did another run!

Additionally I'm in for the CPS1.5 whenever available as well.

Working on the design as we speak :) Its a little slow going because I have to reverse engineer the filter board dimensions and part placement but I hope to get it ready for the first (and hopefully only) prototype before offering it up for order. Once I have the design done I am going to put up the listing for early preorder. This will have a special price associated with it as a thank you to those getting in early. Once the prototype arrives and fitment is confirmed, the price will be adjusted up to the normal "retail" price for those that would prefer to wait until fitment is confirmed.

Definitely interested in the CPS 1.5 & CPS 2 cases. Patiently waiting for updates.

I started a separate thread for the CPS1 case in the CPS1 hardware section! Best place for updates and such will be my discord though. I'm notoriously bad at keeping up with multiple forum posts!

I started a separate thread for the CPS1 case in the CPS1 hardware section! Best place for updates and such will be my discord though. I'm notoriously bad at keeping up with multiple forum posts!
I hate discord. But I understand that is your chosen means of communication.

Given the time frame for the CPS3 run and the timing of the CPS1 being very notional, I'd recommend getting the CPS3 order in now. CPS2 will come here shortly. I have a new A board to remeasure and I want to make some tweaks to some of the case cutouts. Much easier to do now that I have a laser cutter in house and I can template them all out before sending them off for prototyping!
From the CPS1 thread to here:

Well shit. I just pulled the trigger on 2 of the CPS3 cases and joined the Discord and saw that it only supports a SCSI2SD that is way out of stock and will not be available again or UltraSIMMS which are overkill. No SCSI CD support.

The SCSI2SD boards appear different sizes. Any chance we could get mounting holes to support the new ZuluSCSI that's available? My backup plan is to drill my own if need be, but would really like to keep this as clean as possible.

From that thread:
"Mechanically, the full-sized AzulSCSI board dimensions are identical to that of V5.1/V5.2/V6, meaning any SCSI2SD mounting solution for these boards will work equally well with AzulSCSI."

And I think you modeled off of v5.0? This could help more than just the Zulu users if 5.0 mounting is not compatible with 5.1/5.2/or v6. Seems bad to have an unobtainable part necessary for the case to operate. If this is thought of and solved already, thank you!

I'd mention this on Discord, but your channel requires phone verification and I don't want to give Discord my phone number so I cannot contribute there.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Well you just

Right now, only CPS3 cases are up. I picked up a second CPS2 board to measure and check variances on the standoffs for the A board since a few people had told me that one mounting point was slightly off. My board bolted right up so either mine has a worn out hole making it bigger in one of the spots or there is some slight tolerance issues from early 90s manufacturing. Either way, Im going to use my new laser cutter to generate up some bolting pattern shifts to tweak and validate with both pcbs. Once done, Ill do a run for the CPS2 cases too.W
Well, you just made my world a bit brighter! Just ordered a CPS3 case. Appreciate your work and craftsmanship.

Back