What's new
No problem :). If anyone needs information of parts, I can get the list from an email he shared as the discord is removed.

@JasenHicks saw that the CPS2 case will be available again for purchase. Before I commit, wanted to ask about this here, specifically the two holes above the RCA plugs:
Screenshot_20220705-085306_Twitter.jpg

I'm assuming those two holes being there are part of an aftermarket mod job, as I have not found any other images from this side of the case which feature connection points for the CPS2 communication link ports. I would need something like this in place to support the SSF2X tournament edition mod (and the original SSF2 TE, for that matter), as it does require the communication board installed on the B board. Would it be possible to have these holes included with this upcoming production run?

The new run, as described on the listing on my website, will have a d size hole for an HDMI passthrough and two 12mm holes. While intended to be used with the digital av mod, you can pass whatever cables through it you want.

A new run?!?

Damn!! Managed to find an unused green case, and very happy with it I am too, but I’ve always been low key disappointed I didn’t get the ‘Capcom’ blue and yellow.

I’m going to have to invest I think. I don’t need two cases, but this is something I’m going to keep forever so I guess I’d regret not doing it…

The new run, as described on the listing on my website, will have a d size hole for an HDMI passthrough and two 12mm holes. While intended to be used with the digital av mod, you can pass whatever cables through it you want.
Not the most ideal solution but I suppose it's an adequate workaround. To be clear, would the HDMI & 12mm holes be on the end where the jamma edge is? If so, that's not too terrible.

Just in case, does anyone know offhand how wide these holes are on a CPS2 B board shell? It should be large enough to fit a s-video connector.

The 2022 run for the CPS2 case is open here:

https://jasenscustomsarchive.com/product/capcom-cps2-arcade-pcb-case/

Includes worldwide shipping in the price. List will be open for a bit to ensure everyone has an opportunity to get in as they want. Details are on the page of course. I will be updating the picture of the half with mods as soon as I finish it up, the changes aren't major and don't change the overall aesthetic of the case and design.

Man, I didn't even know the CPS1 case was available. I own both of Jasen's CPS2 and CPS3 "blues and yellows". @JasenHicks I just placed an order for a CPS1 to complete my set!

Does anyone have any good photos of how the wiring is supposed to go for the buttons? Unless you're basically an electrical engineer, the instructions provided so far are too vague to be helpful.

Ground is the black wire.
IMG_9338.jpeg

Daisy-chain the ground to each switch and then connect your 3 signal wires.
IMG_9339.jpeg

I added a cheap JST connection in the middle so that I can remove the buttons or board if need-be.
IMG_6055 2.jpg

Ground is the black wire.
IMG_9338.jpeg

Daisy-chain the ground to each switch and then connect your 3 signal wires.
IMG_9339.jpeg

I added a cheap JST connection in the middle so that I can remove the buttons or board if need-be.
IMG_6055 2.jpg
Thank you! This is exactly what I needed.

Finally put mine together. Love the build quality. Looks like I got two sets of case screws and no mobo standoff screws, plus I found out the hard way that the standoffs can push through the A-board standoff holes, so I used some M3 screws and put a washer between the standoff and the mobo.

Are all of you treating the LCD side or the JAMMA side as the front? Presumably, the LCD side was intended to be the front, but then my supergun controller ports are in back. Maybe I’ll use a JAMMA extension, but I’m a bit tight for space as the case is already longer than the surface it sits on (a small cubby bookcase against a wall). I would still recommend the case and will buy future Jasen’s products, but I do wish the LCD and JAMMA holes were on the same side.

My Noctua fan is doing the jet engine thing. I saw Smokemonster had a fan speed controller recommendation, but the link is dead. I’ll first try a dumb resistor mod.

My Noctua fan is doing the jet engine thing. I saw Smokemonster had a fan speed controller recommendation, but the link is dead. I’ll first try a dumb resistor mod.

I'm pretty sure the notctua fans come with a little cable that adds some resistance. Double check the packaging if it's new; it's just a little pass-thru cable.

As far as the LCD/Jamma side, being in a cab the "front" is basically jamma side

Back