What's new
Cool I'll definitely hit you up because I like the neatness of your wiring, I got in my other one I ordered prior in. Another question I have is if anyone else when you play your game does it sound loud or is it eh mine is eh it's definitely not as loud as my other games when I play it and I have the volume cranked up as high as it will go on my blast city and I have the volume on max in the settings.
Could be a few things affecting volume. A few things would be recap, wiring gauge (if over 6 feet long), impedance of speakers, bad volume pot.

The JNX Rage is a JAMMA adapter for the Primal Rage Arcade board.

Pictured is v1.0.

-Supports Negatron to add -5v
-Test Switch moveable via jumper (MVS or JAMMA)
-Supports Mono/stereo sound, selectable via Jumper

Coming in v1.1

-CPS1 and CPS2 Kick harness Support to keep proper button layout.

--A--B
--C--D
Hi Xianxi,
Are you still making Jamma adapter for primal rage pcb? I'm interested in getting one. Does it allow you to connect with either audio rca cable or Jamma harness for audio?

Hi Xianxi,
Are you still making Jamma adapter for primal rage pcb? I'm interested in getting one. Does it allow you to connect with either audio rca cable or Jamma harness for audio?
Same! @XianXi just got me a boardset and would love to get the adapter as well, let me know please.

I think I may not understand the purpose of the JNX Rage board. I have a CAPCOM control panel with the usual 6 button layout:

1 2 3
4 5 6

….and the Primal Rage CP layout is:

A B
C D

I was hoping that this board would remap the player buttons like this:

1=A 2=B
4=C 5=D

…but I guess I need the kick harness to do that? With the JNX Rage board my active buttons for PR are 1,2,3 and 4. Basically the same as I had without the board.

Thanks

@swampfire the jnx board does specifically remap the buttons to the layout you’re expecting.

What is your wiring? Your jamma harness is wired directly to your buttons 1-2-3, right? The kicks 4-5-6 are on the cps2 kick harness? Button 4 is sometimes double-wired though jamma and the kick harness, so that’s one to watch out for.

But anyway yes you need to connect the kick harness into the adapter. that is how it diverts signal to your kick buttons 4 and 5

Primal Rage factory Layout is:
(S) (1)
(2) (3)

where S = start and these are all on the JAMMA edge.
JNX Rage Remaps it to:
S -> 1 (JAMMA)
1 -> 2 (JAMMA)
2 -> 4 (Kick)
3 -> 5 (Kick)

Last edited:
the jnx board does specifically remap the buttons to the layout you’re expecting.

What is your wiring? Your jamma harness is wired directly to your buttons 1-2-3, right? The kicks 4-5-6 are on the cps2 kick harness? Button 4 is sometimes double-wired though jamma and the kick harness, so that’s one to watch out for.

But anyway yes you need to connect the kick harness into the adapter. that is how it diverts signal to your kick buttons 4 and 5
Thanks @ekorz. My Jamma cable wiring (just player one, to keep it simple) is:

1 - pin 22
2 - pin 23
3 - pin 24
4 - pin 25
5 - pin 26

All component side.

I do have a kick wire running from another board to button 6, but of course it’s not needed here.

I guess your p2 buttons are the same but on the solder side.

That seems more like a Pandora’s box / “chamma” or something is wired up currently. That’s not jamma standard. Jamma uses only 22/23/24 and you use a kick harness for the rest (with few notable exceptions like button 4 for Neo geo). A cps2 board surely wouldn’t be working with kicks the way you have it.

So you can remove your 4/5 buttons from the harness, and instead wire in a cps2 kick harness to those buttons (and button 6) which would be jamma standard and the most flexible… and work with the jnx adapter or you can wire the buttons directly.

Or I guess you can adapt the adapter with some trace cuts and wiring there so that it “works” on your setup. I don’t really like that idea especially but technically it would let you plug in the jnx as an “adapter” for your non-jamma setup and get the primal rage buttons to the right places.

Okay, I get it now - thanks for all the responses. I do have a kick harness, so I’ll use that for buttons 4-5-6 for both players, rather than the modified JAMMA harness.

Back