What's new
I asked him and he only needed/wanted the JVS I/O, but I don't have an issue shipping both boards ;)

What do you think @rtw?

It would be cool if you could somehow find a way of being able to interface with the LED marquee through dumping that BIOS chip, there were a couple of people who tried to work out how to talk to it but never managed to find a way, would be great if the answer was stored on that chip

I will send both boards and ask him to dump them just to be sure.

Will try to do it after the weekend, first need to wire up a Sega JVS I/O Type 1 to keep on gaming ;)

Both boards are dumped, and the files are available.
@rtw's contact sent them to the dumping union to verify :)

I have received the ROMs, only snag is I have no way of determining if the dump is good.

MAME does not have "cabinet" emulation at this point in time so it is hard to test.

I think the code is H8.

Was thinking of posting it here so that anyone interested can take a look ?

I have received the ROMs, only snag is I have no way of determining if the dump is good.

MAME does not have "cabinet" emulation at this point in time so it is hard to test.

I think the code is H8.

Was thinking of posting it here so that anyone interested can take a look ?
Be my guest.

dumps looks OK,
haven't yet chance to look at code for errors origins, its in my (quite long) TODO list..

Any other people who can or want to verify the dumps?
Because the 'dumper' is waiting on the dumps to be verified before sending the PCB's back

as was said - dumps good for sure.

can you name some game which typically comes in this cabinet ?
not sure there to put it in MAME sources

as was said - dumps good for sure.

can you name some game which typically comes in this cabinet ?
not sure there to put it in MAME sources
cool, I'll have him send the boards back.
Standard game is Tekken 3

Yes, Tekken 3 and other Namco System 12 games use it via the JVS connector

returning to original question...
this JVS IO firmware have single routine for "CMD VER", "JVS VER" and "COM VER" JVS requests, and always return 10h (1.0), so some games may be unhappy with this number.
all it's features is - 2 players x 12 switches, 2 coins, no outputs - some other games also may not like there no output pins.

in addition there used custom/extended JVS command 71h (with set of subcommands) for LED controller PCB communication.

Back