What's new
Did you want any issues we've experienced as a way to identify and hopefully find solutions amongst owners? Or new issues? I have my current issue we're working through drilled down to the JVS IO, we narrowed it down by connecting another SEGA JVS IO 60-pin. We're awaiting the replacement JVS IO to be 100% sure. We'll have a final update then.

EDIT:

Here's my issue: https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...a-control-box-cbox-supergun.11630/post-317580

Just recieved my CCBOX and it's AWESOME for JAMMA so far. I did run into an issue with NAOMI. JVS Detects perfectly fine since it's a SEGA 837-13551 JVS. My issue is it seems to trigger Player 1 Start Button and Player 2 directionals.

I thought it was the included AXUNWORKS USB ENCODERS, it's not that since it behaves the same with UNDAMNED USB ENCODERS.

Anyone have insight what's going on here?

1646595302024.png

1646595322015.png

NOTE: I also tried connecting to a DARKSOFT MULTIJVS, which works great with the same NAOMI setups. (Cables etc.)

Just tried Tatsunoko Vs Capcom with the same JVS Issue. Notice Player 1 Start is constantly triggered. Player 2 Left and Button 3 are enabled also.

1646596426621.png

We narrowed down the issue to the SEGA JVS IO. Opened the unit with Axun's permission connecting an alt SEGA JVS IO 60-PIN into the IO Distribution on the CBOX. Everything worked in the chain. We determined the issue to be the included SEGA JVS IO. Something might have been causing a short causing buttons to be active. Currently awaiting a replacement JVS IO.

Last edited:
any problems and solutions. Axun always tries to make it right.
You know we live in a time when new arcades are not built so we are using parts in the market and during supply chain meltdowns.

glstar we actually made a distro for the new chips. we sent new chips to trusted forum members in USA, EU, AU, and Asia.
I suppose you didnt get those. I am sure he will add your new chips.

glstar we actually made a distro for the new chips. we sent new chips to trusted forum members in USA, EU, AU, and Asia.
I suppose you didnt get those. I am sure he will add your new chips.
no i didnt receive anything
i also put a note in my new order for the new cbox telling him to send the chips to repair my old cbox
you have the details of my new order in your pm

EDIT: FIXED! The user-facing side of this connection (CN4) needed more solder (third from left outside, fourth from left inside which is pictured). Just hit that connection with more solder and it was fixed. Axun helped me isolate the problem : )

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 11.22.25 AM.png

Leaving the original problem below in case anybody else has the same problem.

ORIGINAL:

Turbo switch (Button 1) stopped working. It was never opened prior to it not working. I posted about it a month or so back, but nobody had any suggestions, so I took it upon myself to open it and put fresh solder on the back of the turbo switch PCB connections just in case it was something that simple; however, it is still broken. No light comes on when the switch is flipped, and no turbo function is enabled. It is worth noting that the light for Turbo 1 still comes on when entering button map mode so I at least know the light actually works, however.

I do have other means to do turbo on button 1 (JNX lazy finger); however, I'd still like for the turbo on the supergun to work. It is the most important button to having a working turbo after all.

Is it possible that it's the switch itself and it just needs to be replaced? If so, I'm more than capable of removing it and replacing it myself if I am shipped the correct part along with my order in progress.

Purchased 6/10/2021

Video for clarity of the problem:

View: https://youtu.be/noAMkc1NHcE

Last edited:
Hello. I have a CBOX. Hoping someone can help me resolve some of these issues incase I am doing it wrong.

1. Composite/RBG output not working.
-I am able to output VGA. However wondering if there is a setting I have to do in order to get it to display. Audio comes through but thats about it.

2. BROOKs Saturn Converter does not work.
-Once I plug in my stick, inputs go haywire. Bought the DB15 converter from AXUNworks instead.

Any advice helps. Thanks for for taking time of your day to help.

-RYAN

In my experience, Saturn conversion equipment can be picky.

Experience 1: Brook retro board to RGB-made Saturn to DB15 converter (via DB15 Saturn cable) to MK30 ADCAP supergun; didn't work

Experience 2: Brook retro board to JJ CBOX (via DB15 Saturn cable); didn't work

However, if using real Saturn controllers on either application there were no problems. Also, plugging into a real Saturn with the Brook retro board there are no problems.

For both Experience 1 and 2, I didn't really need it to work because my sticks have DB15 ports anyway so I didn't investigate any further (it was just an "I wonder if this will work" type of thing).

As for your display issue, please describe your setup in full detail: what monitor you are using (CRT or modern display), any special equipment like OSSC, are you using an input switch box, and where you got the cable from (also, is it SCART or RGB21?), etc. It could be MANY different things as to why it's not working, so it would help to know what you are working with to isolate the problem.

Last edited:
In my experience, Saturn conversion equipment can be picky.

Experience 1: Brook retro board to RGB-made Saturn to DB15 converter (via DB15 Saturn cable) to MK30 ADCAP supergun; didn't work

Experience 2: Brook retro board to JJ CBOX (via DB15 Saturn cable); didn't work

However, if using real Saturn controllers on either application there were no problems. Also, plugging into a real Saturn with the Brook retro board there are no problems.

For both Experience 1 and 2, I didn't really need it to work because my sticks have DB15 ports anyway so I didn't investigate any further (it was just an "I wonder if this will work" type of thing).

As for your display issue, please describe your setup in full detail: what monitor you are using (CRT or modern display), any special equipment like OSSC, are you using an input switch box, and where you got the cable from (also, is it SCART or RGB21?), etc. It could be MANY different things as to why it's not working, so it would help to know what you are working with to isolate the problem.
I tested on a CRT and plasma tv. I get audio from (white) but no display including RGB.) No OSSC. Did not test SCART due to not having a compatible system.

What cable are you using to go from your supergun to your TVs?

RGB is a totally different thing to Component.

From Axuns site:

VIDEO/AUDIO OUTPUTS:
DB15 pin interface is 15kHz and a direct output of the RGBS signal of JAMMA.
The 8P interface is the same as the RGB interface of NEOGEO, but it supports stereo. 8pin to EU-SCART (RGB)
RGB impedance can be set in 4 modes: pass-through, 75 ohm, 150 ohm, 75 + 150 ohm (now it has been changed to 0-500 ohm linear adjustment)
Stereo RCA Output (Recommended to set it in mono, because most types of JAMMA PCB are mono)
(In mono mode, the red and white RCA output ports also have sound.)

Is that what is possibly missing. I'm pretty new to the super gun. I assumed it was plug and play for Component cables since the VGA out works.
If you are happy with whatever VGA display you are using then that's the easiest route to stick with. If you want to go to a PVM or some other kind of professional monitor then you'll either need to get a VGA to 4BNC cable or a use a SCART cable and use a SCART to 4BNC connector. If you want to go to a modern display then your best bet is to use a SCART cable and go directly into an OSSC or 5x Retrotink and then output HDMI to your TV; as for using a Framemeister, you'll need SCART to mini-din adapter (the one it comes with is for RGB-21).

As for going into an older commercial CRT with component inputs, I can't give you a good answer as I don't own one and don't want to give you a bad answer. I had one maybe eight years ago or so and seem to remember all the SCART to component adapters on the market are lacking. I'm sure that's changed these days though. Somebody more knowledgeable than me would know better though.

Hello, I'm not getting any video out put with my current setup:
- Working CPS2 board >
- Axunworks CBOX >
- Component output >
- Retrotink 5X Pro

When I switch to composite output, I get scrolling b/w video from the board, but no signal from the ypbpr input (just to at least confirm the board is outputting video at all).

I feel like I'm missing something really obvious -- some comments above make me wonder, did I even purchase component cables with this thing, or are they something else? (interestingly, I can't check because the Axun website does not work at home. It times out, regardless of browsing mode, or even using a VPN. I've had to do all my ordering at work).

EDIT: some cursory research indicates I may be confusing RGB with component? If that's the case, could someone explain the difference from a hardware perspective?

Last edited:
I’m not 100% sure on this, but like 99%, so somebody correct me if I’m wrong.

This supergun outputs RGB only and is not component compatible. The cables you have are for connecting to a professional CRT monitor like a PVM (VGA on one end, five RCA on the other right?). To connect to your Retrotink you need to use a SCART cable. The pin out is posted on the website in a worst case scenario and you need to have somebody else make you one. The connection type looks the same as one of the mega drives, but I don’t have a MD at the house handy to double check that. <- Different pinout is used.

Last edited:
Looks like exactly that. I assumed the RGB cable I purchased was component based on the connectors and other visual cues. Seems if I order a SCART cable or suitable adapters my problem will be solved.

Seems this should get me to where I need to be:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/165850109962

https://www.axunworks.com/product-p125502.html?variant=787179

This is the cable you need. If you can't get it fast then message somebody like RGC UK and ask for one that will work. It uses a DIN8P connection; I put a picture of the pinout , the cable, and the output you'll use on the supergun below because you said you can't view the website right now. You could probably just show them this URL and say "I want one just like this" and they'll help you. Ensure the pinout is the same before buying anything.

The cable you linked on eBay is just an adapter to go from SCART into a PVM via 4BNC (not the same as component; it has a fourth line for SYNC). Won't do you any good going into the Retrotink. Just plug into the retrotink directly using the SCART cable; don't mess with component at all.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 10.32.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 10.32.58 AM.png
    179.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 10.33.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 10.33.22 AM.png
    258.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 10.50.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 10.50.57 AM.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Back