What's new
For Sale
Status
Not open for further replies.
KC talk to me about that 2 player blast. I hit you up a few weeks ago about it.

Chunithm here $2,000 will get other 10% off buy it in this month

Attachments

• thumbnail (2).jpeg
    thumbnail (2).jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 276
They are made by SNK (called "neo mini") and are from the early-mid 90s. They were all over the world as far as I know.

e:

QdZWGIz.jpg

Coming two months

Attachments

• 7B2E806A-1808-4D53-8AE1-47CE6C233EBB.jpeg
    7B2E806A-1808-4D53-8AE1-47CE6C233EBB.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 208
  • 4E41212E-B92B-46E7-AB09-890A12DB957A.jpeg
    4E41212E-B92B-46E7-AB09-890A12DB957A.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 3B53E1A6-3EF3-4B2B-8FDA-D1294A2D5B34.jpeg
    3B53E1A6-3EF3-4B2B-8FDA-D1294A2D5B34.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 227
Do the rhythm games come with all needed hardware/software and parts or are you buying an expensive project with these?

Do the rhythm games come with all needed hardware/software and parts or are you buying an expensive project with these?
My Chunithm cab just came in a few hours ago, and I'm working with KC about a few missing parts (got two left speakers, and some small hardware is missing; he's already working with me to make sure I get what I need). Doesn't seem to come with the key chip, though, which... I'm fairly certain there are bypasses for, but I don't know of one (yet). Still doing research; have asked KC if he has leads on how to get it to boot; was hoping to at least test the inputs today but it may not be feasible. If anyone has any leads, please let me know.

That said, the cabinet is in genuinely fantastic shape, save for a scratch on the screen that will probably "disappear" once the game is on. I'm excited to get it booted up and fully working, and will report back with how everything gets resolved.

I thought KC sold stuff as is. Good to hear he’s helping you with missing parts. Sounds like you get the game hardware with the purchase but may have a bit of a project to work on.

I thought KC sold stuff as is. Good to hear he’s helping you with missing parts. Sounds like you get the game hardware with the purchase but may have a bit of a project to work on.
The missing keychip I don't think he has/will be providing, for clarity -- the other missing parts were, I think, because I requested he send it along slightly deconstructed, because it would be easier to move into the space it was going in that way. If he had constructed and shipped out the unit as a whole (I... assume that's how he normally operates?) I suspect he wouldn't have missed these parts.

The keychip is a bit of a bummer, I'll admit -- the first thing I asked him was if it was ready for offline play, and had all the hardware, and he described it as "complete". If I can get it working it'll be no big deal, honestly, just... probably not gonna get to play today at the very least, which is a minor bummer.

More or less all fairly modern JP cabinets require security dongles that are stripped (and I assume returned) upon sale. There are workarounds but you've gotta find "your guy" for your machine. In the years I've observed KC's business, I haven't seen security chips for sale though some members have been able to get their hands on them. Newer games also require the network, which are possibly reverse engineered depending on the title.

All that being said, don't expect anything to work out of the box from Japan due to tight regional control security.

More or less all fairly modern JP cabinets require security dongles that are stripped (and I assume returned) upon sale. There are workarounds but you've gotta find "your guy" for your machine. In the years I've observed KC's business, I haven't seen security chips for sale though some members have been able to get their hands on them. Newer games also require the network, which are possibly reverse engineered depending on the title.

All that being said, don't expect anything to work out of the box from Japan due to tight regional control security.
I've seen word of a few Chunithm cabs come through with chips in them, which gave me hope (EDIT: Been informed that this was pretty much certainly bad info, don't want to spread it); I know that they're usually removed, but wasn't sure if things had changed over time or anything. I should have asked specifically about it when he said "complete" -- he was likely talking about the motherboard and everything else (which all appears in great shape!) Honest miscommunication, and probably reflective of it being my first time buying a cab, just a bit frustrating.

The network side I'm actually already ready for; I did my homework, just had misinterpreted what would be included in the package, and made a bad assumption. I've reached out in a few places, but if anyone has any leads on other Chunithm private owners that I might be able to connect with/pick the brains of, any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back