What's new
Not to "dirty" this thread but this will be my next reproduction :

Attachments

• Seibu HB-45A.png
    Seibu HB-45A.png
    123.6 KB · Views: 517
Hi @caius. Good work in creating these replacements for these failing konami customs.

I don't know if here is the right place to ask. But, ... do you think it's possible to create a replacement for the konami 007593. I think this chip controls the palette color and it seems prone to failure.

I have a contra pcb that fails to boot and reports a 1f chip (the 7593), and usually gets quite hot.

I would definitely would buy a replacement for that chip.

Cheers, Edwin.

Hi @caius. Good work in creating these replacements for these failing konami customs.
Thanks.

don't know if here is the right place to ask. But, ... do you think it's possible to create a replacement for the konami 007593. I think this chip controls the palette color and it seems prone to failure.

I have a contra pcb that fails to boot and reports a 1f chip (the 7593), and usually gets quite hot.

I would definitely would buy a replacement for that chip
Well, the Konami '007593' (ad the similar '007327') is on my TO-DO list.It should be pretty easy to reproduce, the chip contains two palette RAMs and all the needed circuit for the digital to analog conversion.But first I have to source a PCB that carries this custom, I don't have any.Anyway, I will post update on this forums.

P.S.
It seems I have two faulty CIty Bomber PCB that carry this custom so I may think to use one for my repro development.

don't know if here is the right place to ask. But, ... do you think it's possible to create a replacement for the konami 007593. I think this chip controls the palette color and it seems prone to failure.

I would definitely would buy a replacement for that chip
Well, the Konami '007593' (ad the similar '007327') is on my TO-DO list.It should be pretty easy to reproduce, the chip contains two palette RAMs and all the needed circuit for the digital to analog conversion.But first I have to source a PCB that carries this custom, I don't have any.Anyway, I will post update on this forums.
P.S.
It seems I have two faulty CIty Bomber PCB that carry this custom so I may think to use one for my repro development.
Just to see if I understand. Does this custom contains only the two palette rams or additional component? does replacing the rams will be a good fix?

Yes. I will happy to buy one repro from you :).

As said, the custom contain for sure palette RAMs and most likely the circuit for digital to analog conversion but I will be able to say more once removed the coating.

As said, the custom contain for sure palette RAMs and most likely the circuit for digital to analog conversion but I will be able to say more once removed the coating.
ok. What do you recommend to remove the coating?

ok. What do you recommend to remove the coating?
Hello. I removed the epoxy coating with a paint stripper. I found two ram chips sony 6h57 cxk5816m-12l like this one: https://www.ebay.com/p/Sony-Cxk5816m-12l-Rqans2-CXK5816M12L/1818380873?_trksid=p2047675.l2644.

Both get very hot, so I'm gonna order some to replace them.

Cheers, Edwin.

Didn't want a replacement from me?
OK, then my work is useless now, you can do it by yourself.Draw schematics and route them to a PCB layout.

Last edited:
Didn't want a replacement from me?
OK, then my work is uselese now, you can do it by yourself.Draw schematics and route them to a PCB layout.
Hello. I think that your work is extremely valuable for the preservation of these pcbs. If one is available, I will buy one from you.

But,I really want to fix my pcb, I did not try to fixed before because of time constraints. I did some inquiry in the klov forums some time ago.
I don't have the experience to draw PCB layouts, I leave that work to the experts like you.

Cheers, Edwin.

Hi Caius, if still available I would like one for my xmen.
Just in case, so I have 1 in stock :)

Hi! I would be interested to get a repro of that 054986A. I got a Metamorphic PCB and I would like to get it 100% working.

Actually the game plays blind, I get sound sounds a little glitchy) and no video.

So my questions are:

Where can I get a 054986A repro and how can I fix the video problem?

Thank you very much!

First of all the video problem is not caused by the '054986A', there is no relation.Most likely you have some trouble in RGB output, probably one or more RGB DAC are faulty.
As for '054986A' since you are in Canada contact @Mitsurugi-w

Tahnks for the reply! Yeah I know there are no connection bwtween the 054986A and the video but I wonder if there is some hope to get the video back to life.

My knoledge in pcb is at level 1 so if you have some hints taht would be awesome!

Best regards

@edwin128

Since you asked me this some time ago, this is just to let you know I successfully reproduced the Konami '007593' custom, I tested it in a City Bomber and Vulcan Venture PCBs.I attach picture of my reproduction and original custom.

Attachments

• DSCN4699.JPG
    DSCN4699.JPG
    976.1 KB · Views: 445
  • DSCN4678_.JPG
    DSCN4678_.JPG
    447.8 KB · Views: 461
@edwin128

Since you asked me this some time ago, this is just to let you know I successfully reproduced the Konami '007593' custom, I tested it in a City Bomber and Vulcan Venture PCBs.I attach picture of my reproduction and original custom.
hi Caius. Thx for the update. I see the two ram palettes and the two chips from the below the custom in your reproduction.

are the long components in your reproduction resistors? did you get them from somewhere in the pcb?

do you need to provide new ram palettes for the reproduction? because i think that is the reason the custom fails.

could you elaborate more in the steps? :)

cheers, edwin.

I believe that those questions and several more can be answered thanks to his skills and after many hours of work, so I wouldn't expect an answer on that one.

Back