What's new

S7AYONTARGE7

Student
Reaction score
I was curious how difficult/costly it is to fix the sound (chip has gone bad) on a 90's Konami PCB. I have an opportunity to get one fairly cheap, but the sound isn't working (picture/play is fine). I'm not really familiar with Konami boards other than knowing they're notorious for their failing sound chips.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Yeah, it's X-Men. That's pretty cheap for the parts. I've never been on the klov site. Is there anyone here that's trustworthy to get something like this done?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm looking for someone to transfer the 2 chips from a dead module to the repro as well. I may see if channelmaniac on klov or mitsurugi-w here will do it.

Yeah, it's X-Men. Is there anyone here that's trustworthy to get something like this done?
I had my X-Men board fixed by GTRetro87 over at KLOV. Great guy with fast turnaround and low prices. Mine was fixed back before the replacement PCB boards were available, so he's probably even more reasonable now. He replaced the DAC, caps, opamp, and a bad resistor on mine. It sounds incredible now and that allowed me to pick up a bad X-Men board very cheap (I had it sent directly to him). Highly recommended.

Back