What's new

as311319

Beginner
Reaction score
I have a LA Machine Guns arcade game deluxe cabinet. Upon star-up the screen shows the error “Illegal ASID Id”. Does anyone know what’s this means? Could it be a bad ASIC chip? Any help is very much appreciated.

Looks to be a video board issue. I would deep clean this boardstack to remove a lot of dust possible (especially on those stack connectors). If that doesn't work, one (or more) video board ASICs have a loose BGA since Model 3 Step 2 video boards used this practice.

Also if applicable, replace the case fans because who knows how well they work after years of continuous usage.

Looks to be a video board issue. I would deep clean this boardstack to remove a lot of dust possible (especially on those stack connectors). If that doesn't work, one (or more) video board ASICs have a loose BGA since Model 3 Step 2 video boards used this practice.

Also if applicable, replace the case fans because who knows how well they work after years of continuous usage.
Thank you for the quick reply. Dust could very well be the issue because when I opened up the back of the game I was shocked. The amount of dust was unbelieveable. I blew it out but didn’t remove the boards and do a deeper cleaning, but will do that.

Back