What's new
For Sale
I just LOVE LD cover arts. Excellent for framing / collections.
Yeah. It's the vinyl of visual. The great things about records was being able to see all the detail in the cover art as well as all of the track and artist info listed right on the covers.

American Ninja II, one of my best childhood memories :D
I know there is something very Ninja Gaiden (NES) like about that movie.
Even found this in the budget bin in one of my local stores last year, €5 for all movies :thumbsup:

box-american-ninja-ninja-americano-5-dvds-D_NQ_NP_803215-MLB25193004204_112016-F.jpg

Thank you for all your feedback...
If anyone wants to pick their favorite movie that fits the laserdisc time frame of release, I'll help you to identify the best version for the TV you want to watch it on :)
thank you for the offer here we good: My nonitor NEC XM 29 plus 4:3 full frame.
movies that I want to watch on laserdisc on the NEC full screen view.-
Dune
Legend
Willow
Secret of my success
Rocky 1-4
Mortal Kombat
Predator
Rambo I and II
Conan the Barbarian
Indiana Jones all 3 movies
Jurassic Park
Terminator 1 and II
Die Hard 1,2,3
Batman
Abyss, The
Commando
StarGate
The fugitiveall
three Star Wars movies
Goldfinger
Dr. now
diamonds are forever
from Russia with love
Octopussy
the karate kid
romancing the Stone
Robin Hood Prince of thieves
top gun
tomorrow never dies
The never ending story I and II
American Ninja II
Contact
Ok, so I pulled some full screen movies for you, as Laserdisc was a more home theater geek/expensive hobby they moved to widescreen releases for the main after the early 90s. So Pan and Scan movies tend to predate some of the movies here, even though those versions made their way to VHS and Television. I'll post them a few at a time.

Not on your list, but fullscreen: but

4 discs of Rocky and Bullwinkle in Fullscreen Mono - as originally made and broadcast. $20 for the lot

On your list:

The Abyss SPECIAL EDITION THX - Full Screen $15
Star Wars US- The version you likely first saw on TV $15
Empire Strikes Back US - The version you likely first saw on TV $15
Return Of The Jedi US - The version you likely first saw on TV $15
DUNE - Japanese set, Theatrical release movie in WS on two discs, Extended TV version in full screen on two more discs (hard subbed Japanese) $40

Last edited:
Indiana Jones TOD - Full screen CAV - full screen TV release $7
Total Recall - Full screen, unmatted release $5

Not on your list but full screen:

For All Mankind - Criterion Collection Stereo $5
Speed Racer Challenge Of The Masked Racer - full screen mono $10
Day Of The Dead - unmatted release, mono $75
The Black Hole - full screen TV release $15

Last edited:
I think some of you are into video games right? :thumbsup:

Mortal Kombat 2 - SEALED! $15
Mortal Kombat - In a weird folder thing disc is missing
Fist Of The North Star - $20

@Mitsurugi-w - Fist of the Northstar is likely one of the worst LD covers, but like you said - some of them are drop dead beautiful. I'll post some more images of covers that are nicely lit if anyone is interested. Japanese printing being it's usual outstanding quality :)

Last edited:
Vampire Hunter Boxed set $50 plus shipping

Last edited:
Ghost In The Shell Boxed set $50 Plus shipping

Disc III is still sealed.

Last edited:
I will take vampire hunter and ghost in the shelf.

How much for the abyss and the 3 Star Wars movies? They don't have hard subtitles correct? Anything with hard subtitles is a no go for me.

edit - How much for MD Geist as well?

Last edited:

How much for the abyss and the 3 Star Wars movies? They don't have hard subtitles correct? Anything with hard subtitles is a no go for me.

Ok, so sale pending on those two. MD Geist - $15 but that is Japanese dialog with hard english subs. Its a full screen OVA.

The Abyss - $15

Star Wars Trilogy - $45

Neither has subtitles hard coded.

Ok on MD G.. Star Wars and the abyss..I will get those.

How about MK and that Fist of the North Star and Indiana tod? It would be cool if you post prices as you list them.. thanks

Ok on MD G.. Star Wars and the abyss..I will get those.

How about MK and that Fist of the North Star and Indiana tod? It would be cool if you post prices as you list them.. thanks
all updated to reflect pricing based on Ebay searches.

Update for anyone looking into laserdiscs here - please note they are heavy and I can ship however you want them to ship. But I will generally go to the USPS and ship them ground, slow and in a box big enough to protect them. If it's one disc, it can go in a vinyl mailer, but any laserdisc boxed set needs to go in a larger box. If you have two or more box sets they need to go in a 16 x 16 mailer box or they won't fit.

I have shipped a 15lb box today from CA to VA via the USPS and it cost $47.79 to ship at the slowest possible rate.

If you have a preferred service or don't care about squeezing them into tighter mailers then let me know.

Wow that’s a lot!
Don’t want to think about what it would cost shipped to the Netherlands...

Luckily I had better options :thumbsup:

Back