What's new
Want To Buy
The NAC to me is the greatest Candy of them all.
The more time I spend around the NAC the more I love my Blast. Having all the controls under the joystick panel + the additional "floor" space inside the Blast just makes it more convenient to operate as a home owner.

Why aren't your controls under the panel on your NAC? The remote board should mount there. It sounds like it had the monitor replaced since you said it's an MS8 and that's not what the NAC shipped with, did they not mount the remote board for you?

I found NAC's very rarely where they came with the MS8 29 monitors. Supposedly really early NAC's had MS8s at least from what I read up on and seen.
Parts did get swapped around some though too thats something to keep in mind when discussing the monitors on Astros some of these cabs have a long history.

Personally I have seen where the remotes on early Astro 1's not the NAC. Gets mounted directly to the CRT frame (where the control cut outs are) under the bezel and the cabinet has no provisioned holes drilled for mounting the remote board at all from the factory, which is kind of wild to think about.

However all of your control connectors should be in the control panel area. If its not its possible that for some reason the mounting plate for the connectors was lost or not screwed in.
The the kosher way it was done from the factory by Sega was to have the control harness's plug into a connectors under the CP.

Congrats on the NAC though those are tanks and great cabs to start on!

I think @DRI374 might have been talking about the Service/Test/Degauss buttons being accessible via the control panel.

I think @DRI374 might have been talking about the Service/Test/Degauss buttons being accessible via the control panel.
Yes, this. And don't forget something banal as the power switch.
I found NAC's very rarely where they came with the MS8 29 monitors.
The seller is very knowledgeable and informed me it was a MS8. The control board for the chassis is under the control panel, not the monitor chassis.
I’ll take your NAC if you wanna get rid of it. 😉
There's a lot of vultures hovering this one.

Back