What's new
Want To Buy
OP if you want a candy, and it’s your first cabinet, stick to something like an Astro or New Astro. There are cabs on the east coast but you will have to drive or ship.

‐--------

Not my first cabinet, project or otherwise. Just trying to see what is available on this side of the country without getting dealt something unfixable

I was in the same situation 2 years ago but decided it was too risky to import anything from JP without proper connections or onsite visit prior shipping which would make it a costly operation for a single cab. In the end I settled for a CN/Alibaba manufacturer and imported 4 cabs to Fairfax, VA.

I know how people feel towards Chewlix on this forum but for me this was the best decision ever and getting 4 units made it financially worth it.

I was in the same situation 2 years ago but decided it was too risky to import anything from JP without proper connections or onsite visit prior shipping which would make it a costly operation for a single cab. In the end I settled for a CN/Alibaba manufacturer and imported 4 cabs to Fairfax, VA.

I know how people feel towards Chewlix on this forum but for me this was the best decision ever and getting 4 units made it financially worth it.

Whats the supplier that you used?

I dug my invoice and it says:
"Funtime Animation Technology co.,Ltd
Tel:+86 020-34815822 Fax:+86 020-34815825 Mobile:0086-18520394306 Email:funtimegame02@hotmail.com"

Probably some middle man, I know some people have mentioned other contacts here or otakuarcade about some reliable supplier. Happy to share the little I've learned during this process (along with the freight forwarder/broker).

But my point was instead of waiting forever for a good opportunity just make it happen :D

According to a recent Facebook thread, anyone can snatch up KCs cabinets before he does. My question is, if it's so easy why isn't someone else doing it and making bank?

According to a recent Facebook thread, anyone can snatch up KCs cabinets before he does. My question is, if it's so easy why isn't someone else doing it and making bank?
Because he has logistics down to a "T" and cash to wire today.

Prob cause its facebook people talking out of their arse, I have not looked into importing cabs, but I did cars a long time ago and its a huge pain to do, not sure why some people are hating on KC lately. Seems a few sour grapes are causing a dustup. Its not a perfect buying scenario, but it's better than nothing. If KC can get whats available, then thats whats available condition wise. He takes the time and trouble to get them over here (as other importers do THANK YOU) I got no problem paying a markup for the trouble.

Anyways - lets not turn this thread into a KC topic - so I'm open to help out with figuring out an east coast solution - the more cabs in the US the better for everyone and their wallets.

Yeah East Coast cab buys are long overdue, I just learned of Abigail a month or so ago and shes located about 30 min from my house.

East Coast group buys is a good start but no matter where on the East Cost that the cabs would be coming from by the time that I rent a truck, gas, my time and pain on my back, it would cost me more than paying STI to ship a cab from across the U.S..Now, a distributor that can import cabs, service them and sells them at competitive prices around the WASHDC/MD/VA area, that would be super.

East Coast group buys is a good start but no matter where on the East Cost that the cabs would be coming from by the time that I rent a truck, gas, my time and pain on my back, it would cost me more than paying STI to ship a cab from across the U.S
Exactly...

I mean for me if the cab is further south than say CT, it might as well be in SoCal

Aside from having the cash on hand, I will soon, the reason I haven't pulled the trigger is shipping and knowing the condition of such a buy. I've heard rewrite has been known to take a look at kcs stock for people but I have no such connections. Being East coast really sucks for candy buying.

Atm my plan is to go for two cabinets, mainstream models like a blast and aero or Astro, to save on shipping just one, and then finally have even more money incase something unexpected happens. I ordered a chewlix from China in 2014 and it was an ordeal. Not knowing if I was getting screwed.

As for the reason why “nobody else is doing it”, KC has money, buys at pre-distributor level, sells at the same price as people selling serviced cabs post-distributor level, and gives nobody the chance to buy them. As for the reason nobody’s bashing so hard on KC, above person complaining about not turning threads into KC bashing threads is why nobody speaks up, people forum rules them into oblivion. He is as bad as all the “haters” claim he is, and as good as the customers he’s had good transactions say he is, but of course the former is “rude” to talk about.

If anyone wants to point me to where I can buy cabs in bulk at KC’s rock bottom price (I’m told he even asks for less than that), I’ll buy and price them as such. When he starts selling his cabs at a price that reflects no work done on them or buys cabs that are serviced and tested like mine were, maybe I’ll agree that he’s doing a “service” to the community. We are actually TRYING to do whatever we can to get more candy cabs, and TRYING to get East Coast buys going. Don’t come after us, we aren’t the problem here.

I feel like 90% of the complaints against KC wouldn't exist if he simply did a quick walk around video of each of his cabs running so people knew what they were buying.

But on the other hand he sells out of his inventory without doing this, no matter how many negative comments he gets so what's his incentive for doing more work?

It's Simply travel time. You guys are further from the route.

Same reason Nintendo USA is in Redmond WA and not NYC.

I just try to bring what all the customer dream ,before me who can buy the cabinet under $1,000,I sole over 1000 but 1000 units much have some problem but I did take care it ,all the cabinet over 30 years it can't be profit,but I do my best ,thanks all the member had help and support me. :)

most the cabinet have stock can ship in a few days.

group buy have to show all the member who join the group buy how much % the service , invoice of the cost of the of each game and invoice of the freight divide by units ,with no that is calling group buy they just want you buy and pay to run the business and wait for 2 to 3 months (some thing happen supplier get lost or some thing happen on the shipping who going Be responsible for group buy it's mean good luck because it is group buy )

We have literally no idea what you are talking about and neither do you bro lol
It's Simply travel time. You guys are further from the route.

Same reason Nintendo USA is in Redmond WA and not NYC.

kinda confused what you mean here. At least in my case stuff leaves the same ports and comes into the same ports. East Coast yeah unfortunately there’s a premium. That what you mean?

Back