What's new
Want To Buy
Thread op hasn't asked for 90% of this conversation.
That's my whole point.

with out pick up ship it from where is not much different
That's wrong, It is much different. If the cab isn't local you can't inspect it before you buy.

if you don't have cabs on the east coast, that Op can see in person and pick up in person on the east coast, then you shouldn't be posting them in this thread.

Thread op hasn't asked for 90% of this conversation.
That's my whole point.

with out pick up ship it from where is not much different
That's wrong, It is much different. If the cab isn't local you can't inspect it before you buy.
if you don't have cabs on the east coast, that Op can see in person and pick up in person on the east coast, then you shouldn't be posting them in this thread.
And if you don't have a cab in hand to sell him, you probably shouldn't be posting in this thread.

And if you want to buy a cab and are also on the east coast. You probably shouldn't be posting in this thread.

And if you have nothing to do but point out that people shouldn't be posting in this thread... Well, you get the picture.

Really all but like three posts in here could be deleted and op would be in the same position as he is now.

Potentially looking for the following, any preferably East Coast or willing to ship for reasonable.

Egret 2
Neo 19 or 25
Blast or Aero
Noir
MVS4-25
MVS2-13
I’m just sitting here with OP waiting for an east coast cab I can go pick up lol
Abbie will have some soon. She is in PA and it’s a solid. Like she said give it a week containers will take a bit but at least it’s happening. Let’s be positive.

When I was looking for cabs many moons ago and reached out to a few companies in Japan I was quoted prices higher than what KC is offering..sure it was not at distributor prices...If I was looking for a good number of cabs to sale on the East Cost or for me, i would buy a plane ticket to KC’s and hand pick what I need, work a deal and ship them over..shipping a good number of cabs using STI is cost effective...this can be arranged on a weekend.

Serious question.. What is the price difference of getting cabs from Japan and after shipping/logistics/tax etc compared to KC’s prices?

OP, KC has a good number of cabs at hand at 1990’s prices, a fight to LA is a good site trip..take that option into consideration.

If someone would help me with a distributor I could definitely put something together as far as being someone who can do group buys.
Being the dude who runs group buys is /because/ you can get the distributor, know how to import, etc... If you need help with that, you aren't the guy who can do group buys, you're just a guy offering storage space.

this is an at your own risk deal
That didn't work for the last group buy dude. Wouldn't work for you. Once you take money, you're responsible for the end result.
This reminded me of an old train wreck well archived thread on KLOV
https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=340578&highlight=import+japan

IMO if you're going to import cabs (or anything else for that matter) the RIGHT way to do it is to just bank-roll the whole thing up front yourself bring them in and don't accept a dime from anyone until you have physical possession of them and can determine what you're dealing with. And if you don't trust the source enough to put 100% of the money up front yourself, then you really shouldn't be doing it with other people's money either.
I agree. I actually have the same opinion on pre-orders for hardware. Man up, flex your bank account, or be a poser and rely on money from everyone else. It is interesting the things people try to do without a business plan, or the funding to do it. They want to use other people's money, and learn as they go instead. For some odd reason the demand of the thing people want causes them to lose sight of the risk that is building.

There really are two types of people doing this, those that are investors, and those that are not. It really is that simple.

Potentially looking for the following, any preferably East Coast or willing to ship for reasonable.

Egret 2
Neo 19 or 25
Blast or Aero
Noir
MVS4-25
MVS2-13
I’m just sitting here with OP waiting for an east coast cab I can go pick up lol
Abbie will have some soon. She is in PA and it’s a solid. Like she said give it a week containers will take a bit but at least it’s happening. Let’s be positive.
I cant wait haha. Will be so nice to have cabs only 6 hours away.

This reminded me of an old train wreck well archived thread on KLOV
forums.arcade-museum.com/showt…78&highlight=import+japan
There's also this legendary one from Neo-Geo:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?200046-USA-Sega-New-Astro-City-Group-Buy

With quotes like

- THIRTY (30) SEGA New Astro City Cabinets
- No Screen Burn
- Guaranteed Working condition
and

with customs fees and sea freight included, I do not forsee the total cost per cabinet exceeding $450.
in the opening post, you know it's going to be good. Too bad the pics are long gone.

When I was looking for cabs many moons ago and reached out to a few companies in Japan I was quoted prices higher than what KC is offering..sure it was not at distributor prices...If I was looking for a good number of cabs to sale on the East Cost or for me, i would buy a plane ticket to KC’s and hand pick what I need, work a deal and ship them over..shipping a good number of cabs using STI is cost effective...this can be arranged on a weekend.
that’s what I did. Was out on the west coast for a wedding and made the extra jump up to rosemead. But tickets are like $250 round trip right now to LA so I’d just make it a dedicated trip if I had to.

I bought three in one shipment so freight was likewise “affordable”.

Still, it’s not like hand picking at KC’s is gonna net you a 10/10 cab. Honestly unless you are already experienced I wouldn’t be looking for a prestine cab either. Buy a project! Learn! Because if you’re a noob and you buy a cherry cab (like you can find one) you’ll be fucked when it breaks. If you buy a project then you’ll be forced to tear it down, clean it out, put it back together, and you’ll gain the confidence to work on it when it breaks next. Because it will break. Something. Somehow.

Again, it’s like buying old cars. Travel in person to see it before buying. Buy a project if it’s your first go at it.

IMO if you're going to import cabs (or anything else for that matter) the RIGHT way to do it is to just bank-roll the whole thing up front yourself bring them in and don't accept a dime from anyone until you have physical possession of them and can determine what you're dealing with. And if you don't trust the source enough to put 100% of the money up front yourself, then you really shouldn't be doing it with other people's money either.
I agree. I actually have the same opinion on pre-orders for hardware. Man up, flex your bank account, or be a poser and rely on money from everyone else. It is interesting the things people try to do without a business plan, or the funding to do it. They want to use other people's money, and learn as they go instead. For some odd reason the demand of the thing people want causes them to lose sight of the risk that is building.
There really are two types of people doing this, those that are investors, and those that are not. It really is that simple.
100% bullshit. This is how I started, and how a lot of other distributors started. Anyone who has the money to start something like this usually doesn’t keep doing it regularly because they have a day job that pays more than the group order is worth time for. Good communication, tested reliable supplier, and good organization will make a container succeed regardless if someone’s fronting the cash or not. Going after people solely for their financial backing is a big mistake.

That’s my only complaint, the rest is yeah, a lot of people aren’t ready to do the work necessary or can’t fix problems when they arise. Look at the Egret II order. That was paid out of pocket. It was still a mess in a number of aspects, money didn’t make it ok. This is harder work than it sounds like, and the profit margin on candy cabs can sometimes be $200 or less (@'SNK-NEO-GEO' hopefully helps answer your question). Yeah it adds up, but it’s not amazing business. It takes time, space, and is very difficult to work with buyers for CRT cabs. That’s why very few people actually keep doing this. The best recommendation I give to prospective importers is to be transparent with details about cabs, in many cases also with who your supplier is. If people know for example you are buying from Yaton, they know what to expect. Expectation is largely where condition problems come from and disputes start. If you aren’t getting answers from your supplier, it’s gonna go bad. If you aren’t providing what you know to buyers, more will end up disappointed.

So yeah, none of those things have to do with startup capital. It’s all trust, knowing the product and procedure, and keeping on top of it.

EDIT: oh I should probably also add that anyone getting into it because they think they’ll make a ton of money, that’s totally the wrong approach. When I started I intended to get the cabinets I needed and fill the space with stuff for other people, then I just kinda kept going. There still may be a point where I stop and focus on conventions because that was my main goal

Eh, this has taken a turn. Pretty sure this is the right place, because im asking for a full cab. Soo that takes care of that. The supplier info is helpful, and i have got in contact with some of you on fb. Not sure why the animosity all around. The la cabs are feasible but unless new/ great condition. Hard for me to justify the ship and definitely not flying cross country just to see a cab. That doesnt make $ sense. Not my first cab, but will be my first actual candy. Made this post more so to see what was on the east coast, distrubuter, private, etc. Problem with a lot of cabs for sale on the east is over is that they are way overpriced. People try to sell for cost plus import etc etc. Even if they are fakes

What’s a fair East cost price for what you’re looking for? I’ll keep an eye out.

I think the legit candy cab prices on the east coast are fair for the most part actually. Especially this forum fwiw. Can’t speak for the imports. The fakes or chewlix are easy to spot. There are a LOT of people looking for 9/10 candy cabs at a 6/10 price though. KCs are cheap because they need work.

If I had 10 prestine candy cabs on the east coast for sale - and I mean 100% restored - I bet I could find 10 buyers at $3500 each. Anyone disagree? I should post my egret restore somewhere and count the PMs.

I have seen 4k plus on vewlix east coast. Im sorry thats not happening. Thats not being cheap, and thats with no game/ system. The prices that cabs are going for on west coast, i believe are reasonable even for those that need a little work but they are hard to reach so get and come with risk on the older ones. Im not buying to fill an arcade or massive collection. I buy what i like but not for over estimated prices. Vewlix price can vary but wont go over 2500, which is why i dont go for the new/ top ones. Older traditional candy not going over 1500. These are all ceiling prices. Not new to this or trying to low ball people.

This one looks promising. A dynamo 4 slot neo geo.

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/tag/d/rock-hill-neo-geo-4-slot-red-cabinet/7001279295.html

1-B7-A0634-75-E1-4-B8-C-9-BE2-DD6-E95647-F59.jpg

Asking $1500 in Charlotte.

Maybe you can offer him less.

Check out this shell of a Neo Geo candy cab in VA. Poor guy has been trying to sell for at least a few weeks now:

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/vgm/d/haymarket-neo-geo-candy-cabinet-arcade/6999155756.html

The post was at $1400 today.
Check out this shell of a Neo Geo candy cab in VA. Poor guy has been trying to sell for at least a few weeks now:

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/vgm/d/haymarket-neo-geo-candy-cabinet-arcade/6999155756.html

The post was at $1400 today.
That ones no good. It’s monitor was removed and “replaced” with an LCD.

Call Joes. He’s got 50 arcade games for sale and is in your area

This Tekken is adorable. Also the marvel super heroes cab looked nice

1-B6-F9-EFF-EE3-D-4-D62-94-CC-980-B466-DCB32.jpg

Joes (704) 507-6170

I have seen 4k plus on vewlix east coast. Im sorry thats not happening. Thats not being cheap, and thats with no game/ system. The prices that cabs are going for on west coast, i believe are reasonable even for those that need a little work but they are hard to reach so get and come with risk on the older ones. Im not buying to fill an arcade or massive collection. I buy what i like but not for over estimated prices. Vewlix price can vary but wont go over 2500, which is why i dont go for the new/ top ones. Older traditional candy not going over 1500. These are all ceiling prices. Not new to this or trying to low ball people.
OOF on Vewlix. I mean I guess yeah if it's a Diamond maybe, but yeah that's high. $1,500 is sounding pretty reasonable. Unless there's a group buy and you can pick up, I'd expect to pay that much. You should have no problem getting any non-Diamond for less though. KC has a bunch of FCs for $1,600 at the moment, I've got a few Ls for $1,500 still.

Back