What's new
Want To Buy
You want a machine that's been gone through, bulletproofed, and has a guarantee? Pay what that takes to get, and be patient because someone had to do all that work for you, and then be willing to sell the game when they're done.
Okay, where can I "pay what it takes" to get a gone through, bulletproofed, cabinet with a guarantee?

L
You want a machine that's been gone through, bulletproofed, and has a guarantee? Pay what that takes to get, and be patient because someone had to do all that work for you, and then be willing to sell the game when they're done.
Okay, where can I "pay what it takes" to get a gone through, bulletproofed, cabinet with a guarantee?
You can expect to pay a high price for something that you are NOT going to be able to fix when it breaks.

Like other members have said before, when you buy a cabinet from 30 years ago, there a likely parts that will fail after you first buy it.

When you buy a project, you will have to learn the nuances of taking it apart, testing, and rebuilding the bottleneck that is preventing you from enjoying it, learning how to keep a cab operational.

I would not invest in mint cab without knowing how to fix it.

I would make sure the picture from the monitor is your first priority when buying a cab. You'll have a much better experience than fixing a 30 year old CRT.

It could be worse, you could be a pinball collector. Talk about a hobby that's gotten stupid. It's everything that's annoying in this thread, but imagine people are buying $10k candies.
Why do you think I'm buying cabs now?! Candies at 1500$ are a BARGAIN!

I have 9 pins that have tripled in price in 10 years. It's I-N-S-A-N-E.
Twilight zone
Funhouse
Creature
STTNG
Dr.Who
Dracula
Tron
BoP
Hurricane (For sale for "only" 3695$!)

You can expect to pay a high price for something that you are NOT going to be able to fix when it breaks
I'm not sure why you assume I don't know how to repair a broken cabinet just because I prefer to buy one that doesn't need to be repaired day one.

Literally read the end half of what you quoted. There's your answer. You be patient and wait on one that some guy already did all the work on to pop up. Which isn't often. Because they wouldn't do all of that work just to sell it.

Looks like someone bought the Exceleena 2 from ebay, not surprised. At that price, even with shipping, it's half of what KC was charging for them before shipping.

it’s gonna happen
I don't believe it. Not long-term anyway. I think the folks who are getting into it because it's fashionable at present will leave around the same time that buying them becomes harder.

80s cabs did the same thing back years ago. Spiked, then fell to next to nothing. We're just on the rise again. It's all cyclical.

Looks like someone bought the Exceleena 2 from ebay, not surprised.
Now that it's been brought to the attention of the entire forum, someone is bound to. I've thought about it for sure.
I was right!

Looks like someone bought the Exceleena 2 from ebay, not surprised. At that price, even with shipping, it's half of what KC was charging for them before shipping.
At 900 it’s a good deal. It had been sitting up there since at least this summer. I’ve been watching it for months and no one bought it- surprised it took that long.

Literally read the end half of what you quoted. There's your answer. You be patient and wait on one that some guy already did all the work on to pop up. Which isn't often. Because they wouldn't do all of that work just to sell it.
I mean ... this is kind of painfully proving my point. I'm not trying to create drama or mock anybody, don't take this personally, but this is exactly what I'm talking about. You want a cab like that? You wait. You cultivate relationships. You create value in the community, and build up points and karma that come back to you when rare deals come up. And you read what people say, and absorb it. Because nothing is more annoying than taking the time to explain things to someone, and then have it be clear they didn't actually take the time to read what you wrote.

Nothing wrong with questions. But when it's obvious the person asking is just looking for shortcuts, hasn't taken the time to do any research, isn't trying to understand the community and the values, and just wants to get theirs? Those people don't get the deals and hookups, because they're clearly only in it for themselves and it's a waste of time to offer them things when it's not gonna come back around.

If you're hot to get restored cabs then put your wallet up, that's the shortcut. What are you willing to pay? Put up a wanted post, with your price, and see if anyone bites.

If you're paying $900 for an STV cabinet or $1400 for the Neo shell, I got a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Seriously, there is a reason why this shit has sat on eBay for so long. Lyons will never see $900 for that trash can.
He might still have 3 - that VF Remix, the Die Hard, and one converted to a Big Buck Hunter. He's asking 3x what they're actually worth, however.

Those cabs are built like tanks - what kills them in shipping is that Diamond plate base, and the fact that its wider than a normal cab.

I've heard stories of them coming with U2000 monitors, but mine has a K7000. Anything bigger than a 25" display is overkill, really.

At 900 it’s a good deal. It had been sitting up there since at least this summer. I’ve been watching it for months and no one bought it- surprised it took that long.
Yeah, totally agree. If I was still in the market for a cab, and I knew it was out there, I'd have snapped it up in a flash. Wanted one for a loooong time, but I just don't have the space nor the time to deal with it right now.

Yeah, totally agree. If I was still in the market for a cab, and I knew it was out there, I'd have snapped it up in a flash. Wanted one for a loooong time, but I just don't have the space nor the time to deal with it right now.
Same. The main reason I didn’t get it months ago is because those namco cabs rotate the opposite direction. If I didn’t already have the cabs I have now, I’d have snapped it in a heartbeat.

There's also this legendary one from Neo-Geo:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?200046-USA-Sega-New-Astro-City-Group-Buy

With quotes like

and

in the opening post, you know it's going to be good. Too bad the pics are long gone.
You mean these?

mwkfdiT.jpg
v5NYp5z.jpg
Ra46OuQ.jpg
yeL4hpT.jpg
Xp5peKM.jpg

Helped with that damn nightmare. These are the pics of EG's 2 Astros as we received them and started taking them apart. They were pure Hong Kong trash pulled from the depths of hell.

This was afterwards just doing a basic hose down and scrub after a full disassembly. Felt like a chem warfare decontamination station from my military days.

mPBaxu9.jpg
jJLAyBR.jpg
VTEZfVn.jpg
iR5asVE.jpg
muY0DJ5.jpg

The entire cab was sanitized, cleaned, prepped, primed, and repainted.

Wasn't the Astro on the left fucked by being carelessly ratchet strapped on to pallet?

@Crumptinite

Neo Candy 25

It looks yellowed and overpriced at $1700 but it’s in Ohio At CLE social. He was asking $2200

The screen looks good.

Back