What's new

TathanLIVE

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'm a huge arcade fan and always loved to play initial d games, my dream would be to import some initial d zero (or even the arcade) cabs to Belgium... But it would be to modify them, and I'd like to know how far I can go.

The idea came recently, because after getting my first Vewlix, the SF system in it was totally burned and the screen was in bad shape... I then started to look for mods, ended replacing the screen with a 1440p one, mounted my own high end computer in it, replaced the speakers, replaced the panel, added a dynamic marquee... And then asked myself : would it be possible to do the same thing with Initial D cabs, running all my different favorite car games (Crazy taxi, Forzá, Outrun,...) ?

I know the arcades don't always use the best stuff on the market so my "dreamed" project would be :

- Get two (ID) cabs
- Replace the system inside with 2 high end computers (running a lot of different car games)
- Connect both computers by Lan to be able to play together (I'm sure that if we let some time to Teknoparrot and so on, we'll end getting a stable online mode)
- Replace the steering wheels with the latest Logitech ones
- Maybe replacing the screens but it's already gonna be a huge amount of money so I wouldn't make of this a priority

What do you think of it? Would such a thing be possible?

I've already seen some cabs on internet without system inside and so on... Do you think getting "empty" cabs (without steering wheel and system to save some money) would be possible?

I've already seen some 2 player cabs for 4000€ and you have to add duty fees, shipping,... And none of those offers was in Belgium... How much do you thing such a thing could cost?

Thanks in advance for your answers and excuse me if my project may look stupid or "crazy" but, well, this is my project. 😂

Back