What's new
Yeah, I bet shipping to the 15106 zip code would be a killer. Darn heavy machine thingymajigers lol

150 is a real solid price though. I'd definitely get it if the overall price didn't explode

While that's a great price, after shipping he'd be paying as much as that Dynamo/Tekken Tag that's local to him.
Yea can you image? I'll bet its 400$+ to ship it, while a awesome price on the cab paying more than double to move it is crazy.

Road trip? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
While that's a great price, after shipping he'd be paying as much as that Dynamo/Tekken Tag that's local to him.
Yea can you image? I'll bet its 400$+ to ship it, while a awesome price on the cab paying more than double to move it is crazy.
Road trip? ;)
Wasn't a token offer. I browsed CL in Pennsylvania. The landscape is quite bleak for arcade schwag. Although, I'd get in touch with this guy ASAP. Seems like he is an operator with some cabs to clear out: https://lancaster.craigslist.org/vgd/5691012079.html

My history with the hobby had me starting about where he is now, and my process was:

1. Get a PCB (System 256)
2. Get the parts such that I could play it on a monitor/TV with normal joystick
3. Start building my own cabinet
4. Realize I didn't have time for this
5. Researched and bought a cabinet that seemed good for what I wanted to do and was in my budget
6. Upgrade that cabinet to make it a little more "friendly" for my then-evolved interests

If I was doing it all over again, knowing what I do now of what my usage was going to be, I'd likely have skipped steps 3-6, and instead looked at simply buying the cabinet that would work best for me in the first place.
That being said, IMHO, JVS lends itself well to being used outside a cabinet and without legacy supergun issues, so it at lest in part is a reasonable stepping stone before saving up for the cabinet itself.

I browsed CL in Pennsylvania. The landscape is quite bleak for arcade schwag
You call that "bleak"? ... wait never-mind I forgot your in CA... the arcade offerings everywhere in North American are "bleak" compared to your region :P

Here in NH there are often NO arcade listings at all for weeks at a time, usually nothing but shitty multi-cades that people built or one or two machines that have been for sale for months at a time because they're asking 5X their actual value.

Yeah, for me to spend 500 or more total on machine would take me a decent amount of time. This is just another reason why I wish I was on the West Coast haha

You can always check KLOV, someone might have a cab they not wanting lying around.

edit: acblunden found you one.

$375 for a beat up 19" Dynamo? there's a reason it's still for sale :P

philly is also a 5 hour drive from pittsburgh... worth it for a good deal, not for that cab at that price.... my 2cents

here's a decent option: https://cleveland.craigslist.org/ele/5692998965.html

~2.5 hour drive $350 Midway fighter cab with golden tee installed. you could re-sell the GT board and make some cash back. MK cabs are super easy to work on an so are k7000 monitors.

not the deal of the century but it's a fair price for what it is and I'd personally pay that and drive that distance if I were in the market for an upright fighting cab.

Could maybe even strip that black paint and have a nice MK cab again.

here's a decent option: https://cleveland.craigslist.org/ele/5692998965.html

~2.5 hour drive $350 Midway fighter cab with golden tee installed. you could re-sell the GT board and make some cash back. MK cabs are super easy to work on an so are k7000 monitors.

not the deal of the century but it's a fair price for what it is and I'd personally pay that and drive that distance if I were in the market for an upright fighting cab.
Nice find there. It stinks that I have no where to put it yet though. I don't get the keys to my new place until August 8th and my current place is too small and on a 3rd floor. It also doesn't have the fighting controls in the machine. I'd have to get those separately.

[...It also doesn't have the fighting controls in the machine. I'd have to get those separately.
a full set of HAPP sticks and buttons is like $30-$40 shipped... in-fact 9 times out of 10 when I buy an older machine I end up replacing them all anyway because they're usually so haggard it ruins the gameplay and it's well worth the price to spruce the machine up.

unless it's a weird game with very rare/specific controls, joysticks and buttons are almost always the cheapest and easiest to find parts for an arcade machine.

Last edited:
in-fact 9 times out of 10 when I buy an older machine I end up replacing them all anyway
I'd say 10 out of 10, I don't want some beat to shit joystick from a dirty old arcade.

Cleaning, restoring, tweaking, a arcade fans life is a never ending series of projects. :)

http://westmd.craigslist.org/ele/5669963378.html

What do you guys think of that?

I was also thinking...why not get a Kraylix and just pay it off in payments since I'm not going to get it right away anyway? I get paid weekly. Because of that, I might be able to do weekly or bi-weekly payments over a period of time as long as I have patience. Just a thought I had.

I wish I could do the same for the games I want haha

28" HD tv Blah!

If your going to use a TV anyways, just build or buy a empty shell.
Get a free TV from Craigs, SD (not HD) but with component jacks (yes they made them EDTV's they are sometimes called do 480p max usually).
Then get a SCART to Component adapter, add that to a supergun which outputs SCART and bam, you've got a pretty good substitute arcade CRT that can handle MOST 240p video modes (Midway games like MK2 aren't going to display likely).

Last edited by a moderator:
westmd.craigslist.org/ele/5669963378.html

What do you guys think of that?
you would have to PAY ME to take that machine, I wouldn't touch that with a 10ft pole.

You can assume that any home-made cabinet with an "HDTV" or nondescript "LCD" is going to be completely worthless. Kraylix is really the only exception to this because it's gained a lot of notoriety and respect within the fighting game community.

I was also thinking...why not get a Kraylix and just pay it off in payments since I'm not going to get it right away anyway?
If you're going to do that then you should just buy a Taito VewLix.

If you're not automotive painter (I'm assuming you're not) then you don't want to buy an un-assembled Kraylix cabinet because you'll be doing a lot of sanding and painting similar to body work on a car. If you buy a fully assembled/painted Kraylix (which costs $1235) you'll also be paying $400 freight shipping. and that DOES NOT include a display, you'll have to spend another $200 or so on a Samsung UN32EH4003 (this is the display you should buy, it's what the Kraylix is designed for and it has the lowest lag of any consumer grade 32" LCD). This also does not include any cabinet artwork, speaker, audio amp, coin door (there will be a big hole in the front) and other odds and ends that will run another $100-$200 so now you're up to $1600 before shipping.

OR...
you could spend $1600 before shipping on a Taito Vewlix (which is what a Kraylix is pretending to be) which is a 100% authentic LCD arcade machine from Japan and that's complete with all the artwork, a control panel, speakers, amp, all the wiring you'll need to run arcade boards etc. not to mention it's a professional grade low-lag LCD that will blow the Samsung UN32EH4003 or any other off-the-shelf 32" HDTV out of the water.

OR... buy a Net City or Blast city for $1000 before shipping like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEGA-BLAST-...743893?hash=item1c6a507c55:g:UPwAAOSw7s5Xg9yb

The ONLY reason I own a Kraylix is because I bought it used, already fully assembled and painted with artwork for $800... so no shipping costs and at the time a Vewlix was about $2500 before importation from japan (which would have added another $1000 to the price tag). AT this point Vewlix and Kraylix are about equal in terms of total cost which making buying a Kraylix a foolish investment IMO.

If I plan on saving money for a long-term investment into a cab. How much money would you suggest I put aside on a weekly basis? I was thinking about maybe doing that and just getting the necessities soon for 256 play like the DVD drive and such.

Back