What's new
Do you have the source for the cjvs you built btw, or did anything special to it? I'd like to change it to exit game when you hold P1 1 and P1 Start for 3 seconds instead of instantly.
The CJVS came from @corey all I did was map the buttons to Mame default and defined the exit parameter. If you can't find his post I still have the files and didn't try a long button press. I wasn't sure how to code for that to be honest. :)

Do you have the source for the cjvs you built btw, or did anything special to it? I'd like to change it to exit game when you hold P1 1 and P1 Start for 3 seconds instead of instantly.
The CJVS came from @corey all I did was map the buttons to Mame default and defined the exit parameter. If you can't find his post I still have the files and didn't try a long button press. I wasn't sure how to code for that to be honest. :)
Oh ok. I might just rewrite it myself then from the original source, or remove the exit parameter. I was thinking of putting a separate device on theTTX2 wired into the panel to specifically exit games so that it can work for the X2 games as well

Can someone describe how to install this to the existing multi? is there something im missing? Do I need to put this in another PC and just copy the folders over?
Perhaps somebody is kind enough and share a finished image including the mame full setup with us.
Would be very great. Thanks guys

By default it does not map 2p 5 and 6, and it maps it incorrectly so that one of the directional buttons is shared with button 6. This was the case at least with Super Turbo, and I replaced cjvs with my own implementation. Also recommend changing exit command to 1p 1 + 1p start for 3s, because it's semi-easy to accidentally hit that button combination and exit mid-game. Not a good thing.

I tried it and works perfectly, using a single game per mame directory.
Just want to ask a question, if someone knows why.
In a few games i cannot have the coin to be recognized using the coin switch of the cabinet, but only using a physical button or the test button for example.
Strange is that if i go into mame menu and go to where coin button is (key 5) if i try to remap using the coin switch of the cabinet, it recognize it as key 5 correctly, but then in game it won't work.
I also check for this problem on google and it seems that this would be related to the coin timing puls….
I also tried to change this into the mame options, but it won't change….
Someone knows why?

I want to use demul to play Dophin blue on nico's multi,Is it correct?

copy a cjvs.exe to demul folder

And put 2 files(Loader.txt Game.exe) in E:\Dophin blue\game\

Loader.txt says "romtoload Dophin blue Emutoload =D:\emulation\nullldc\nulldc.exe "

and The Game.exe script is this, then launch it?

Global $FE = ProcessExists("attract.exe")
Global $Game = FileRead(@ScriptDir & "\Loader.txt")
run ("@echo off")
If $FE Then ProcessClose("attract.exe")
sleep(100)
FileChangeDir ("D:\emulation\demul")
Sleep(500)
run ("D:\emulation\demul\cjvs.exe")
Sleep(500)
run ("D:\emulation\demul\demul.exe -skip_gameinfo " & $Game, "",@SW_HIDE)
ProcessWaitClose ("demul.exe")
Sleep(500)
ProcessClose ("cjvs.exe")
Sleep(500)
If $FE Then
FileChangeDir ("E:\Frontend\Game")
Run("E:\Frontend\Game\game.exe")
EndIf
Exit

Hi Guys,

New here, and new to the x2 Multi as well.

Everything in my setup works really well, apart from getting Mame to run from the Multi interface. It boots to the UI and I can see my list of games. I can use the menu and launch games from a PS/2 keyboard, but not via the joystick.

My cab uses Fast I/O. I notice some of the games had a config.ini set up to map the Fast I/O buttons to JVS, this was missing for Mame so I tried adding that, but still the same, no response in the Mame UI to the inputs.

Any ideas what I'd need to get this working on a Fast I/O cab? My setup would be perfect if I could get this working.

Cheers

Cris

Im new to this program I want to play TTX2 games with this TTX2 Mame and also run it on my Attract mode.
Im so new at this I have no clue how this emulator event work. I did read on the read me and also read each page off this topic but failed to explain how does it work, can anyone make a tutorial friendly so we noob can follow it with out no problems

I also did Mame on Nico's Multi 2.0.

Everything is running fine so far.
I have put some extra games on top.
Unfortunately not all games start.
It's probably because of the wrong roms I think.
JVS works fine for me.
I am very satisfied with it.

Has anyone got any experiences running other emulators on Niko's Multi? I'm thinking specifically C64 and Amiga... I remember I got it working on my TTX1 with an Arcademodbios-multi years ago, but that multi has long since stopped working... and I lost my backups to a burglar (yes, shoulda put them in the cloud. Did not.) I remember the process took actual weeks of testing before I had everything working, so any shortcuts would be much appreciated.

Sorry to bring this back from the dead. Loaded it up as per the guide, but when I launch the Mame program within Niko's multi the controls don't work. Can't move the selection or select anything. Did I do something wrong? or forget a setting?

I think you have to set the controls with a PS/2 keyboard, and pushing tab once the game starts (I believe it’s tab).

I think you have to set the controls with a PS/2 keyboard, and pushing tab once the game starts (I believe it’s tab).
Tried this with a PS/2 keyboard today, when I plug the keyboard in after the Niko Multi boots it doesn't work. When I plug the keyboard before I boot the CPU the keyboard gets power, but then the vewlix controls don't work at all.

Am I missing some kind of config ?

tried this myself , i have all cps2 roms , all checked for missing files and are complete sets, but when i run a game i get missing files :cursing:

all checked for missing files and are complete sets, but when i run a game i get missing files
I don't use MAME as a part of Niko's multi, but could this be in issue of split vs merged zip archives?
I always use split personally.

@Tonybolony update your romset. We are on .224 now. Anytime someone complains about cps2 not working they are 99% of the time using old roms with a newer version of mame. If you downloaded them randomly off some rom website, or got a so-called “complete” or “perfect” pack off a torrent, it’s guaranteed old.

Last edited:
Back