What's new
well since no one else had the answer I found a way to test the mapping so here it is for anyone else who needs it:

P1 (Mame Defaults)
Start -> 1
Coin -> 5
U -> up arrow
D -> down arrow
L -> left arrow
R -> right arrow
B1 -> Left Ctrl
B2 -> Left Alt
B3 -> Space
B4 -> Left Shift
B5 -> Z
B6 -> X

P2 (Mame Defaults up through button 5)
Start -> 2
Coin -> 6
U -> R
D -> F
L -> D
R -> G
B1 -> A
B2 -> S
B3 -> Q
B4 -> W
B5 -> E
B6 -> D

So it appears that player 2 button 6 is mapped to player 2 left joystick. @Dreygor how are you running any 6-button 2-player games like this?

Last edited:
@twistedsymphony

I could have sworn I had mine set up for the MAME standard up to 6 buttons for each player. I do know for same games I had to hook up a PS2 keyboard and remap some of them. A good example is Tekken 1 and 2 if you use standard MAME mapping it does not translate correctly to the buttons.

I will check tomorrow. Somewhere I also have the stuff to rebuild the CJVS files. I had to figure out how to do that to set up the PlayStation1 games..

Last edited:
No I meant MAME standard .. as in the normal PC MAME.

Looks like mine is set up as listed below. I am showing I and K are buttons 5 and 6 on player 2 . I will fire up the cab tomorrow and verify what's actually in my machine. My set up is a fork from the original. I took Cory's post about modifying the CJVS stuff and worked with Lewis and changed some of my CJVS file.

COIN 15
START 11
1 RIGHTR arrow
1 LEFTL arrow
1 UPU arrow
1 DOWND arrow
1 SW 1L-ctrl
1 SW 2L-alt
1 SW 3space
1 SW 4L-shift
1 SW 5Z
1 SW 6X
COIN 26
START 22
2 RIGHTG
2 LEFTD
2 UPR
2 DOWNF
2 SW 1A
2 SW 2S
2 SW 3Q
2 SW 4W
2 SW 5I
2 SW 6K

No I meant MAME standard .. as in the normal PC MAME.
Is the link I posted for the default key mapping not for normal PC MAME?

Looks like mine is set up as listed below. I am showing I and K are buttons 5 and 6 on player 2
I don't know what your personal CJVS file is mapped to but the one linked to in this thread certainly does not have "I" and "K" mapped to player 2 buttons 5 and 6.
the CJVS file provided in the first post maps P2 button 5 and 6 to "E" and "D".

But if you have an alternative version that uses I and K that you can share that would certainly solve the problem.

Last edited:
That link is how they do it now I guess.

This is what the newest MAME is telling me player 2 should be..

MAME-P2.png

According to them they don't have any 6 button games by default, lol. For years I've always used I and K for buttons 5 and 6 on player 2. I guess someone needs to update the CJVS file.

so your CJVS files doesn't have P2 buttons 5 and 6 mapped correctly either?
Mine is custom ( I build all my CJVS files) and has them mapped to I and K for buttons 5 and 6 on player 2. Not sure if that's correct but it works for me.

but I can see what your saying is that the buttons on your CJVS is mapped to one of the Joystick 2 directions. I could see where that would be annoying.

the CJVS file with I and K mapped works great.

I do have another questions... more of a general MAME question.

Is there anyway to force a resolution for MAME? I realize it normally adopts the resolution of Windows but Given the vewlix's LCD is 1360x768 and it's OS is setup at 1280x720, it makes scaling within MAME kinda shitty. if we could force the resolution to 1360x768 then that opens a whole bunch of doors for much better looking games in MAME.]

I get this impression this is what the "switchres" flag is for in mame.ini but It's unclear how to force a particular resolution with this flag.

Last edited:
So searching around it seems that Groovy MAME dropped support for 32-bit Builds around MAME 215 due to d3d compatibility issues but that 215 build is here:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,154799.0.html

There is someone still making regular builds of MAME for 32-Bit as well:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eiNztWEpk0C7CiiZXz0SMDM_eJOmb0FO

I also found this interesting post that shows how a build can be hex-edited to force Direct Input
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=141243.0

I haven't had a chance to test any of this out yet but I think this should be everything needed to get GroovyMAME 215 or the latest vanilla MAME running on the TTX2

Sorry guys, just a question. Is it possible to run MAME and its games, loading from the USB load function of Niko’s multi v2.0?
Thank you!

Hello guys.
I have some little problem running MAME directly from Nico multi. When the MAME starts it don't keep the configurations i saved last time i used it. In particular it don't keep the setting for the filters, besides it mantaining the last game played and "keep close the filter tab".
Can anyone help me?
I'm testing a lot of things regarding MAME on TTX2, like trying an updated version of MAME or trying different games. Does anyone have some experience with the same test and help me?

For example: i'm testing Virtua Fighter 2 on MAME .200. It starts and let me insert coin, but after i press the start button, seems like the script from Corey (JVS to KEYBOARD) stop working and no button works anymore.

It would be very glad to me, to find some other people for share some opinion and try to upgrade the original project of this topic, even on pm if you prefer.

Thank you all!

can anyone give a tutorial on how to create 1 game title folder in the ttx2 menu with mame? I still don't understand how to make a direct title, for example: neogeo 1 title only

It doesn't work with the killer instinct, they don't start, it just stays on the ttxrun.exe screen and from there it returns to the start, what could it be? the name of the rom is correct I followed all the steps

20220417_200654.jpg

Which one of the two methods are you using? Calling the game from MAME menu or directly from Niko’s Multi (with Game v2)?

can anyone give a tutorial on how to create 1 game title folder in the ttx2 menu with mame? I still don't understand how to make a direct title, for example: neogeo 1 title only
I suggest you to setup and try all the thing on your PC before. Once you know the MAME is launching your game correctly, you would copy the entire MAME folder you just setup on E: root and change the folder name with the name you prefer. The last thing should be insert the rom name of the game you want to launch in game.txt file (delete all contents and insert just the rom name)

To call it from the Niko's Multi menu
You should delete the content of game.txt and put only the rom name you want to start. Then remove/rename Game.exe (like Game_OLD.exe) and rename Gamev2.exe in Game.exe.
Remember to put the rom file (.zip) in roms folder (and the bios file if needed).

Here an example:

setting.png

Be sure to leave ONLY the game name in game.txt without any space or carriage return and put all the folder in E: on TTX2 HDD.

That should work.

If you want to start Killer Instict you will need to put its CHD folder in Mame roms folder.

I found this on the net:

kinst.png

Could be that is not working on mame 0.200 (this is the version inside the package). If you need a newer version try to download the 32 bit version of mame 0.236 (32 bit!!) from "progettosnap".

Let me know.

Last edited:
anybody had issues where a mame game runs great and then after a while you loose all controls

Unfortunatly yes. Seems like the cjvs stop working for unknown reason, sometime.

Back