What's new
not right in this topic, but...
anyone know some games with undocumented or unexpected inputs usage ?
for example like Crazy Taxi - there a lot of debug stuff activated by Player2 start button.
ct1.png
great idea, would be great to see these extras show up here. i edited the title to support that.

does the dreamcast controller bring up the debug mode on crazy taxi. also does it need the driving wheel to operate the game when in debug mode?

controller - no,
as was said - required JVS IO Player2 controls.
then in game: start - enable debug menu, down - navigate, left-right - enter and enable/disable menu options.
was accidentally found by one good Italian guy I know, then game was boot with broken JVS IO board :)

wheel and analog pedals required to actually play this game.

this is interesting. this video is saying it is possible to daisy chain the naomi io boards.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2017-02-04 at 12.43.11 PM.png
    Screen shot 2017-02-04 at 12.43.11 PM.png
    304.3 KB · Views: 53
Yes, JVS supports multiple nodes so more than one IO can be used for some games. A lot of the fighting games support 1p per IO if you hook up 2 IOs. Also contrary to old beliefs you can use 2 JVS IO boards chained for 4p power stone 2. That setup is stock for 4p wwf royal rumble cabinets (2 IOs for 4p total).

Yes, JVS supports multiple nodes so more than one IO can be used for some games. A lot of the fighting games support 1p per IO if you hook up 2 IOs. Also contrary to old beliefs you can use 2 JVS IO boards chained for 4p power stone 2. That setup is stock for 4p wwf royal rumble cabinets (2 IOs for 4p total).
Does anyone have this multiple JVS node thing proper documented as far as which IO boards are supported? I'd like to play RingOut! Has anyone messed with Ringout on a driving cab? How do I get two I/O boards running?

Thank you sir!

Looking at this closely, my board normally connects to the Naomi via CN4 which is a USB type B style plug. In the diagram @MetalliC provided they show the connection to the Naomi going to CN5 which is a Type A plug. Based on this, I need to get a different cable for the Naomi to the first JVS io board.

I will need a dual ended USB A cable (600-7141-100?) to make that first connection from the filter board JVS I/O connector to the CN5 port. This seems very likely to be a good place to start! I'm wondering if there is a typo though as That specific cable is listed as "CABLE JVS TYPE A-B 100CM" in the manuals.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpeg
    Untitled.jpeg
    762.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
JVS link is simply serial chain

2 usb a to b cables

One from naomi to first physical IO (id1) then one from that to the 2nd (id0).

This way you can link cabinets as well using the net city style link bd.... I documented that sucker somewhere in this forum.

JVS link is simply serial chain

2 usb a to b cables

One from naomi to first physical IO (id1) then one from that to the 2nd (id0).

This way you can link cabinets as well using the net city style link bd.... I documented that sucker somewhere in this forum.
Seems it was the cable... I believe indeed the labeling on the diagram is wrong, but it did not matter as you said due to the chain. I was able to move past the error.

Looks like I'm rocking now @skate323k137

DmwDaS9X4AEpvkL.jpg

Last edited:
Back