What's new

jimbodeanny

Student
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been fixing up a few ION Rx models recently and had to replace the old widescreen monitors on two of them. Everything is great, except that since I'm no longer using their proprietary Nexview power/AV monitor mainboard from the CML-190W monitor, the system now thinks the new monitor is the standard "ionmonitor" 4x3 during the post. The end result is a stretched image instead of the proper aspect ratio with the sidebar ads/menu. Not a huge deal honestly.

My question is, do you guys know of a way to force the system into detecting/thinking the monitor is widescreen? (I.E. the CML-190W?) If it's too complicated, I can totally live with it as is, but just thought I'd ask.

Thanks much!

-Jim

Backup the hard drive with an image tool like win32diskimager and a usb cable first.

It's been a while since i toyed with this one, and i don't own a Megatouch ION anymore. However.
From memory, i think the device detection (for all the stuff, sound card, cpu board, gfx) it's taken care of during bootup with some fancy init scripting (/etc/rc.* or something, it's a bit convulted.)
If you're a bit skilled with Linux just connect a keyboard and exit from the game menu, I forgot the key combo, i think it's one of the F keys or maybe ESC or END, not sure.

Alternatively you can just use a keyboard and boot single user, change what you want etc.

It's been too long for me to remember what/where to change. I do recall doing stuff with the RC files to enable different sound cards/mainboards to work, surely the monitor detection is there too. (same for the touch screen etc.)

Thanks. I tried a bunch of stuff within the linux device detection files, to no avail. In the end, I was able to "trick" the system into thinking it was the old monitor by using a VGA splitter with the old monitor mainboard attached. Pretty hodgepodgey but it does the job.

Back