What's new
That looks nice man! I like the green voltmeter, something different.

Switches are fine, they function the same so who cares which spot they're in lol.

I think things will settle down soon re revisions. Not much else to improve upon / change. When things are fully finalised I plan to add a separate revision with a Mega Drive II DIN.

Early next week the updated 4P adapters will land so I'll get that updated. The only other things I'm looking at refining are:

Voltmeter pins (bit tight fitting the wires in there)

Mounting holes (too close to edge / other components perhaps - maybe some tabs on the PCB edge are needed)

TTL sync output (for Taito F3 and video conversions)

When it's more finalised then we can look into case options, 3D printed or plexi etc.

That does look great, very clean picture.

What's OBS?

My picture with the minigun 2.1 is overly bright, is there anyway to correct that? I have an RGC scart cable and on my HAS it isn't as blown out as my minigun

My picture with the minigun 2.1 is overly bright, is there anyway to correct that? I have an RGC scart cable and on my HAS it isn't as blown out as my minigun
There are 3 adjustment pots for RGB to adjust exactly that

2.54mm spacing would be great for the voltmeter, it would allow optionally using Dupont connectors. Otherwise I agree the design is good overall. The header pins / jumper option works well and the DB15 spacing issue is resolved. I do agree a 9pin version would be nice, but making those adapters is clever, I'll try that :) Great work Frank_fjs, can't wait to try those 4P adapters!

Did you adjust the 3 x RGB pots?

2.54mm spacing would be great for the voltmeter, it would allow optionally using Dupont connectors. Otherwise I agree the design is good overall. The header pins / jumper option works well and the DB15 spacing issue is resolved. I do agree a 9pin version would be nice, but making those adapters is clever, I'll try that :) Great work Frank_fjs, can't wait to try those 4P adapters!
Any ideas on location of voltmeter header? I like placing it underneath the voltmeter to keep things concealed but then this makes it all a tight fit, can be fiddly.

4 player adapter working perfectly now.

Will update the main page with a download and BOM in the next few days.

For PGM it's a synch, just interconnect with a standard 34 pin IDC cable.

I'm expecting a digikey order tomorrow which has the parts needed for a CPS2 4 player harness so I'll provide more details on that soon.
69957572_10218128858265989_3554345441875197952_n.jpg
70142128_10218128863226113_6589482273135919104_n.jpg

Did you adjust the 3 x RGB pots?
I'm using an MVS 1C
Is the only way to get a full screen of Red green or blue from using a unibios? The only test screen I get shows all three colors at once and I cant adjust with a multimeter that way.

Adjust using the standard RGB colour bars test screen. It shows an even amount of all three colours.

Hi guys,

I received my meanwell rt-65a and RGC RGB scart cable yesterday and am very pleased with both.I connected my minigun up to a sky soldiers PCB I picked up cheap for testing and it looks really good, colours are probably a bit off, but once I get that right it'll be fantastic.

I'm just getting into arcade games and so don't have a neo geo controller to use with this so need to pick something up to use, and of course sort out a vertical monitor.

If anyone would like one these made for them let me know, I'd be happy to make one for you for a reasonable price. Also if anyone would like a v1.7 pcb please let me know as I have 4 spare.

Great work once again on such a cool project Frank fjs.

Attachments

• IMG_20190908_173112880.jpg
    IMG_20190908_173112880.jpg
    971.1 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_20190908_173133010.jpg
    IMG_20190908_173133010.jpg
    961.6 KB · Views: 209
You don't necessarily need a Neo controller

@Frank_fjs makes SNES and Mega Drive controller adapters if you want to use one of those. They also work with the 8bitdo controllers.

Or you can use modern USB arcade stick controllers with the UD-USB

@xodaraP Yeah I was considering seeing if @Frank_fjs had some snes adapters available. I would prefer the UD-USB as I was considering getting a USB arcade stick for my MISTer anyway, but Undamned has had some DHL issues and they've lost 480 units of his stock.

@xodaraP Yeah I was considering seeing if @Frank_fjs had some snes adapters available. I would prefer the UD-USB as I was considering getting a USB arcade stick for my MISTer anyway, but Undamned has had some DHL issues and they've lost 480 units of his stock.
Theres also this thing. No idea if it is good.
https://arcadeshock.com/products/brook-ps4-ps3-to-neo-geo-super-converter-usb-to-db15
Yeah I saw that, I'm thinking i'll go for a UD-USB when they become available again as they are compatible with the most controllers.

Is there a list I can get on for one of these?

Back