What's new
Being the Microgun, shouldn't it be smaller than the Minigun or did you name it after your genitals?.. :P

Even if ATX isn't your preference, one can still use a traditional arcade PSU via an ATX to arcade PSU terminal harness.
49203237_10216293120093682_6156544682026336256_n.jpg

The Mega Drive 2 video connector offers an easier to source and much more readily available cable with a variety of video output options such as RGB scart, component and even HDMI.

The additional VGA connector offers direct connection to an OSSC, or allows the use of VGA to BNC cables for PVM use, or even to use a VGA to scart adaptor (I'll show this soon) so you can use a readily available quality shielded VGA cable to connect to scart sources.

The audio setup allows for standard mono audio over the Mega Drive 2 cable, MVS stereo audio, or even inputting stereo audio into the supergun and feeding it out the main DIN cable.

Onboard -5V generation also allows for a greater variety of PSU options as you need only worry about it outputting 2 voltages.

It's a pretty versatile set of options that covers a lot of differing needs.

I'm a newbie supergun guy, I'm PMing somebody here in the hopes of getting a v2.5 din9 revision, so with this supergun I would be able to hook up a IGS PGM, MVS, or basically any other PCB up directly to my OSSC without frying it?

Also is connecting this as simple as getting a genesis 2 compatible scart cable?. And I have an old 500 watt PSU I took out of my gaming PC while upgrading that has what appears to be a 6 pin molex connector. Is it safe to just use this power supply, or should I be buying a proper arcade PSU?

Last edited:
Definitely 100% OSSC safe.

Use a proper arcade PSU. The 6 pin connector on the MiniGun is custom, it doesn't follow any particular standard.

What are you using to generate the -5V? It looks like a Buck converter of some sort.

Nice...the last supergun I built (Parsec) uses an onboard generator as well, but the TI circuit cost almost $19USD in and of itself. This is far more cost effective :)

There's a few different variations and I've tested them all, this is the one I settled with due to build quality and performance.

Guessing P as it has one onboard mono speaker?

It has the factory scart input which I love. Nabbed it ages ago before the masses wised up. ^^

Been putting the MicoGun through its paces all weekend. Not to sound biased, but personally I love it. Have been tweaking the code too and taking on some feedback.

I enjoy being able to switch games and adjust brightness easily, quickly and most importantly, accurately.
I have a few Irem boards and they always display too dim. So I boost the brightness with the click of a button by a few bars. CPS2 next, few bars down. Neo-Geo, displays perfectly at a neutral setting. And so on.

Will be sending a few to be beta tested, have finalised the PCB with some minor changes. Take it from there.

Thinking of open sourcing it but not sure how this will go, it's not a trivial DIY task. On the other hand, it's not terribly complicated either as the PCBs are designed to be machine soldered and populated straight from the PCB factory. All the end user has to do is solder 14 x easy to solder through hole components. Takes around 30 to 45 minutes. Then flash the code.

Frank- in your video, what's plugged into the ATX connector?

Pico ATX power supply. Very compact and runs off a 12V DC PSU.

Back