What's new
Pico ATX power supply. Very compact and runs off a 12V DC PSU.
Cool, I believe I had bought one awhile back for something, but never used it. I recall there being a number of different Pico power supply's- what model/size is the one you use?

Pico ATX power supply. Very compact and runs off a 12V DC PSU.
Cool, I believe I had bought one awhile back for something, but never used it. I recall there being a number of different Pico power supply's- what model/size is the one you use?
I use the one linked below. Maybe also read the second link about counterfeit chinese clones.

https://www.mini-box.com/picoPSU-160-XT

https://www.mini-box.com/site/mini-box-counterfeit-products-alert.html

Agreed, always best to purchase genuine items.

Don't follow my example, I'm just cheap. :D

Great work, @Frank_fjs. Love the OLED and streamlined layout.
Thanks @SmokeMonster!

I think it's going to be the way going forward with supergun designs. Referring to the digital potentiometer and OLED screen for visual presentation of information rather than just guesswork.

I've always wanted to use a digital potentiometer with a supergun, as mentioned here some two years ago (though I had the idea long before then): SEGV echo chan ❤️

Aside from the obvious benefits of complete control, accurate colour balance, ease of adjustment and a readout to show you exactly where video levels are set, there's also safety features incorporated such as a complete shutdown of the video circuit in the event of hardware failure.

I haven't even scratched the surface with future possibilities. Such as programming in a basic oscilloscope and displaying accurate video voltage levels and even auto adjusting based upon the video output level of any given arcade board. Button mapping profiles and remapping with this info displayed on the OLED so the end user knows exactly how their controller buttons are mapped.

Exciting times.

Of course, I fully accept that my preferences won't match everyone else's. Personally I love digital control, but some people may prefer the old analogue knobs.

sorry i was a little out. the new microgun has on screen stuff but does it mean you (frank) are going to sell ready stuff or just upload the code so every1 can program this in themself if they can?

What benefits does 9pin mini DIN have over 8pin?
9 pin mini din uses sega genesis2 pinout cables. 8 pin mini din uses XRGB pinout cables.

Which one is "better" is 100% subjective and mostly depends on if you already have one style cable.

What benefits does 9pin mini DIN have over 8pin?
More accessible for the end user really, MD2 cables are honestly a dime a dozen compared to 8pin.

There’s nothing wrong with it, and if an influencer or RGBlogger told you so, they’re wrong.

Benefits of Mini DIN 9 (Genesis / Mega Drive 2 cable):
  • Cheaper to purchase.
  • More readily available.
  • Available in RGB scart, component and HDMI video outputs.
Re the MicroGun, it's setup for pick and place machine soldering. Meaning one can order the PCB and have all the surface mount components supplied and soldered at the same time. The end user only needs to source and solder the through hole components. Very easy, actually quicker and easier to assemble than the MiniGun.

Plan is to full open source and I'll probably sell a few fully assembled and ready to go units on the side.

I have a Minigun Supergun 1.7, and I would like a 4 player adapter. Has anyone created, or can create, this adapter? Thanks for any help.

Can anybody tell me what (important) changes were made between v2.3 and v2.5?

I've built a v2.3 advanced PCB a little while ago but never got around to using it. However, I'd like to use it now and am wondering if I need to fix anything, etc.

Is there a way to adjust the gamma besides manually turning the separate R, G, and B pots? I get a little OCD adjusting the single gamma knob on the HAS so 3 pots would probably drive me nuts.

Back