What's new
Thanks for your help, I've received my MiSTer, so I can start playing with it :)
I've tried TG16 core and I find the lag too high.
Is there something to be done on the MiSTer config file to reduce it ?
The HDMI output has more lag than using VGA analog output. You can try setting vsync_adjust to 2 to reduce latency, and setting vscale_mode to 1 for integer scaling may help a little as well.

I was all excited to start in on this whole thing, but it looks like just about everyone is 6-8 week pre-orders for everything right now :(

Got my 128mb SDRAM, but that's about it.

Shopping list is:
v6 IO board
Case
USB Hub

Am I missing anything?

Blisster or LL Cool Joy maybe? That's the only change I would make (instead of the normal USB hub) if I was building one right now

LL Cool Joy
I don't know this one. I'll have to look into it.

The Blisster looks like a lot to take in. And I don't fully understand the notes about it on mister addons. It does seem to only sort of be tested at this point, so maybe better to hold off? I did attempt to back their controller box twice in the past, but they never got funding.

I'll also have to find a different case if I change out the normal USB hub, ha.

EDIT:
Oh man, LL Cool Joy has DB9 and DB15 ports and USB AAAAAND MC Cthulhu?! This is the answer for sure. But now I'm not sure where to buy a case T_T

I purchased a Blister from Arcade-paradise and the I/O broke on the second time that I put on the cable.

is the LL cool joy in production?

The Blisster looks like a lot to take in. And I don't fully understand the notes about it on mister addons. It does seem to only sort of be tested at this point, so maybe better to hold off? I did attempt to back their controller box twice in the past, but they never got funding.
FYI BlissBox ended up getting made independently -- both in 4-player and single-player versions. I have both and they're well made (even the packaging is good). I don't have Blisster (because I don't have MiSTer at all) so I can't speak to that, as far as I understand the Low Level API stuff is the only-sorta-tested part, but if that's not been implemented in the core yet it just works as a standard USB addon (like BlissBox works on a PC).

Regardless, sounds like you're more excited about LL Cool Joy which is cool :) Only reason I'm favoring Blisster is because, having already gotten into that ecosystem, I have all the dongles I could ever need.

@KalessinDB already being invested certainly makes it an easier choice. And cool that they finally managed to get the blissbox made!

I like the options, and I have a bunch of DB15 stuff already, and a Mc cthulhu stick.

@SNK-NEO-GEO I have no idea. Hopefully someone sells them!

Update:
Reddit seems to have informed me that the LL Cool Joy isn't even out at this point and no tentative release date.

I guess that means I'm pre-ordering a Blisster? Though SNK's experience doesn't make me too excited about it.

UPDATE 222222:
Snagged the ram from @digitron, as much as I loathe Paradise Arcade I snagged the BlisSTer from them because it's in stock. Grabbed the case from MisterAddons.

Now I just need to find a v6 IO.

Last edited:
I don’t even bother with a case personally.

And I can confirm that the LL Cool Joy isn’t out yet. I’d hold off on any non-USB controller options until things shake out a bit more. Currently neither Blisster or LLAPI are officially supported and you have to run hacked cores to make use of either.

I don’t even bother with a case personally.

And I can confirm that the LL Cool Joy isn’t out yet. I’d hold off on any non-USB controller options until things shake out a bit more. Currently neither Blisster or LLAPI are officially supported and you have to run hacked cores to make use of either.
Is that the case? How I'd read it was it behaves like a normal USB hub just fine with normal cores, and you only need hacked cores for the LLAPI stuff.

Did I misunderstand? :/

Case against BliSSter for the time being is

1. Its not open-source and so doesnt fit into MiSTer environment so its never going to be officially added to the official github as of now.

2. We dont know how long the devs will keep update the Blisster supported github - really if BliSster is commercial it should take on the responsibility to update the core in parallel instead trying to shove the responsibility to devs who work as volunteers.

3. You are bound by the HDMI cables adaptors for controllers which looks ridiculous, LLcooljoy would have db9 and db15 built in and would use RJ45 cable.

afaik the Blisster board works as a USB hub but the performance is unknown. I dont think its a powered hub, but I might be wrong.

Is there a program to make the process of unzipping a multitude of individual games in one folder to another(unzipped)? I must have done about 50 of these for the NES core before giving up and thinking, there has to be an easier way! I thought I recalled using something like this ages ago, but I have forgotten. . .

If you use an UNIX-like operating system you could do it with scripting. Something like:

Code:
for i in `find . -name "*zip"`; do unzip $i -d outputdir ; done

You can do that in windows as well through a batchfile and WinRAR (which works in command line mode as well).

My batch-fu it's pretty weak as I mostly work in Unix environments, but if you look around you'll probably get all the pieces together to pull this off.

Or ask on Stackoverflow.

J86GyWr.jpg

Thanks- I had done that after I posted about it and found a few program options I think will do the trick.

Well, I'm stuck with the Blisster at this point. I tried asking Paradise Arcade to cancel my order, but emails and calls were ignored and they shipped it anyway. Par for the course with their customer service, I guess.

On the upside I got an IO ordered. So in 3-4 weeks I can join you all in the fun :)

I'm too much behind with all those Things who are move too fast for me on MiSTer project ... i think i will sell all i have from this project X(

Totally user error.

Up and running it looks like! Now to figure out getting a controller to this thing.

Last edited:
OK folks - I decided to jump in and mess around with this.... and - I seem to have run into a stupid problem!

I have it all up and running with the IO board (6.0) and I got the 128MB SDRAM board....

When I first boot up Mister - I don't get the "ram" icon in the mister menu bar that some folks get - so I am not how to tell if it is even seeing the RAM.

Also - when I fire up NeoGeo (games that require more RAM) - I get the message about not enough memory.

I have done a decent number of google search "how do i tell if my SDRAM is detected by mister", etc... and NADA...

Help!

Matt

Back