What's new
Curious if anyone had a chance to try out the 2048×1536 ips iPad displays with their Mister? I tested it yesterday and was very pleased with the picture quality and input lag.

Unfortunately, my setup had a crippling screen flicker. The interface board indicates a 5-12v range and I was feeding it 5v. I suspect it prefers 12v. Hopefully a new PSU will solve this. Then I can focus on a case solution.

Curious if anyone had a chance to try out the 2048×1536 ips iPad displays with their Mister? I tested it yesterday and was very pleased with the picture quality and input lag.

Unfortunately, my setup had a crippling screen flicker. The interface board indicates a 5-12v range and I was feeding it 5v. I suspect it prefers 12v. Hopefully a new PSU will solve this. Then I can focus on a case solution.
I've been wanting to check this out. What did you use for an HDMI board?

I overpaid for this kit via Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/2048x1536-LP097QX1-LTL097QL01-HQ097QX1-Controller/dp/B07R4VR9PR

I understand there are cheaper options through aliexpress or ebay.

I overpaid for this kit via Amazon:https://www.amazon.com/2048x1536-LP097QX1-LTL097QL01-HQ097QX1-Controller/dp/B07R4VR9PR

I understand there are cheaper options through aliexpress or ebay.
Hmmm... I wonder if I can use this to replace the screen on my Mac Classic II, maybe its too large/aspect ratio wont work.

Hmmm... I wonder if I can use this to replace the screen on my Mac Classic II, maybe its too large/aspect ratio wont work.
Maybe if you get lucky and the OSSC will output something close enough to 2048x1532 for the HDMI driver board to catch onto?

I have the same screen. Try setting it to DVI mode in the ini file. It has something to do with the high resolution capping out the FPGA. You’ll need to use the IO board’s audio out to have audio output.

I also ended up going with a 12v brick as the 5v made the screen too dim.

Last edited:
Finally ordered a Mister and addons to try it out. Has anyone set up a Mister with a JVSPAC2? I think this is the way Im going with my setup to get it hookup up to the cabs, that way I dont have to rewire anything in the cabs.

Also, for arcade crt monitors do we need to use a video amp? If so, any recommended ones?

Finally ordered a Mister and addons to try it out. Has anyone set up a Mister with a JVSPAC2? I think this is the way Im going with my setup to get it hookup up to the cabs, that way I dont have to rewire anything in the cabs.

Also, for arcade crt monitors do we need to use a video amp? If so, any recommended ones?
From my amuzy monitor’s, you do not need a video amp on the MiSTer.. GroovyMame, Retrotink Ultmate, NT mini you do.

From my amuzy monitor’s, you do not need a video amp on the MiSTer.. GroovyMame, Retrotink Ultmate, NT mini you do.
Thanks, Ive some people use them and some dont, so cool cause its one less thing to worry about getting.

Thanks, Ive some people use them and some dont, so cool cause its one less thing to worry about getting.
I need to clarify- if you have the analog I/O you don’t need an amp on the MiSTer

I had no luck with the jvspac paired with Mister and I think @invzim was struggling to get the two playing nice together. Running it on my Naomi Universal, I didn’t amplify the vga signal.

I had no luck with the jvspac paired with Mister and I think @invzim was struggling to get the two playing nice together. Running it on my Naomi Universal, I didn’t amplify the vga signal.
Oh, I hope thats not the case still, cause using the jvspac2 would me make things so much easier.

The problem really is the input system of mister. I'll have another go this weekend if I get the chance. Since last I tried, it looks like they've consolidated a couple of hacks so that the Jamma-SD and J-PAC now share the same code, which in theory also should work with the jvs-pac 2.

https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=448

If anyone wants try, the magic numbers for the JVS-PAC 2 are:
VID: 0x16d0
PID: 0x09ab

The problem really is the input system of mister. I'll have another go this weekend if I get the chance. Since last I tried, it looks like they've consolidated a couple of hacks so that the Jamma-SD and J-PAC now share the same code, which in theory also should work with the jvs-pac 2.

https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=448

If anyone wants try, the magic numbers for the JVS-PAC 2 are:
VID: 0x16d0
PID: 0x09ab
Awesome, hope you can get it working or at least you can share some info with the Mister team so they can do some updating to support it. I think a Mister with the JVSPAC2 would be the easiest way to get controls on a jvs cab for for the mister for sure. Thank you bro :thumbsup:

Is the JPAC the only way to get controls interfaced in a JAMMA cab? Is there no “hat-like” solution that plugs directly into I/O pins?

Back