What's new
Is there any date yet on the Jamma adapter?
It’s in the final stages of Beta testing... things are getting really refined and tidy now and there’s a lot of surprises and treats included. I believe there may be a pre-order coming soon too.

If you’re on Twitter, follow @misteraddons for all the updates. When I get the next Beta board, I’ll post up some pics/videos of it running.

It’s in the final stages of Beta testing... things are getting really refined and tidy now and there’s a lot of surprises and treats included. I believe there may be a pre-order coming soon too.

If you’re on Twitter, follow @misteraddons for all the updates. When I get the next Beta board, I’ll post up some pics/videos of it running.
Sweet! I’ll be on the lookout for it.

I read somewhere that the standard one has mini toslink in the 3.5mm jack, is that correct?

Also @Hisoka89, I thought I already answered you on these things in Discord ;) Also don't be mean to Gon & Killua! :)

Last edited:
Just wanted to chime in with proper thoughts about MiSTer as I've been testing the @misteraddons MiSTercade around the clock by which itself is a fantastic product, even in it's current (non final) form. You guys are going to love it and I hope to be able to share more info on it soon.

As I have said before, many times, I had my doubts about MiSTer, but as I have also stated a couple of posts up above, it's better than I expected on my initial run through.

Here are some of the more notable and enjoyable titles (cores) that I've spent a fair amount of time with, the titles in bold were PCB's I was loosely hunting for, but for the performance the MiSTer gives, I'm no longer in the market for them really, unless they turn up "cheap":

Arkanoid
Bionic Commando
Black Tiger
Bubble Bobble

Contra
CPS-1 (Strider, Ghouls & Ghosts, etc.)
CPS-1.5 (Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, The Punisher, etc.)
Discs of Tron
Double Dragon 1 & 2
Gemini Wing
Ghost & Goblins
Green Beret
Legendary Wings
Mario Bros
Section Z
Side Arms
Silkworm
Space Invaders
Tapper
Tiger Road
Wonderboy

I've tested out numerous console cores with above average to very good / excellent success. Surprisingly, the CD based cores run extremely well:
Atari 2600
Gameboy
GBA
Genesis
Master System
MSX
Neo Geo AES/MVS
NES
SNES
Sega CD
Turbo Duo

One small pet peeve, I'm not really keen on flipping my tube around for some of the older games, so I hope rotate support is offered for titles like Donkey Kong, Tower of Druaga, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to sell my PCBs, nor is this a replacement if that's where your heart and mind is at. Personally, if a multi is available, I'm 100% down to use genuine hardware. But the way certain prices for games are going, MiSTer adds some extra value and a lot of decent titles to play with. Just another piece of semi in-expensive kit to add to the arcade repertoire.

Finally, another big shout out to @suverman, @atrac17 (ichiban phone support) and @Raph_friend for walking me through it all. It's actually not very hard, but slightly daunting at first if you're not up for the job.
@djsheep Does this mean you are not in the market for the CPS 1/1.5 multi anymore? Do you really feel it is that good?
For the NES core I have heard not great support with all mappers etc, not sure if it is true still?

I just ordered a mister setup, because it is a really fun progress regardless if I feel that it won't outshine actual hardware :) It's a lot more accessible though, and for a lot better price than a lot of arcade hardware.

But to what I wanted to really ask you; is the mistercade both jamma and jvs? Or only jamma? I've heard different things. And where can I buy one................ want it yesterday :D

There’s no way Mister will replace real hardware or multis for me. It’s just another piece of equipment in the chain that’s useful.

I personally find it more useful for the older arcade cores like Wonderboy, Black Tiger, Ghost & Goblins, etc.

Most other cores are good to great but I own the consoles/hardware for the ones I care about already and like to play on original hardware. But not everyone shares my philosophy. Just get in where you fit in basically.

Also. The MiSTercade is JAMMA only at the moment. I believe there were plans to develop a JVS add on for it, but haven’t heard any further. Hopefully @misteraddons can shine some more light soon :)

Also. The MiSTercade is JAMMA only at the moment. I believe there were plans to develop a JVS add on for it, but haven’t heard any further. Hopefully @misteraddons can shine some more light soon :)
AAaaah :x Then that rascal scarlett sprites lied in his videos. Was really hoping to use it in my NNC without the bother of the river service harness I have there.

I'm in once the MiSTercade pre-orders are up. A plug and play jamma FPGA box is too much to pass up.

There’s no way Mister will replace real hardware or multis for me. It’s just another piece of equipment in the chain that’s useful.

I personally find it more useful for the older arcade cores like Wonderboy, Black Tiger, Ghost & Goblins, etc.

Most other cores are good to great but I own the consoles/hardware for the ones I care about already and like to play on original hardware. But not everyone shares my philosophy. Just get in where you fit in basically.
Agree with this.

I already use MiSTer to play the console games that are out of reach for me. For the games I have or intend to get, I’d rather play on real hardware.

I typically enjoy the DF videos, but this one just felt off. Can notice Linneman glancing down as though he's looking at a script or prompter that isn't eye level, face super-imposed over so many of the shots, half the video was about his setup, and it felt entirely arcade focused. Guess I just felt the title was a bit misleading. "A look at MiSTer and its arcade support" as a title would've been more applicable.

That said, I did enjoy the comparisons between MiSTer and MAME and some of the subtle differences, like how some frames are drawn and how things get out of sync.

A563C594-5ECE-41F4-8354-24DE60F8A096.jpeg

My main issue with the video is that DF used something similar to zero lag or lag free, I don’t clearly remember.. the MiSter, it is great but It is not lag free..I can not play consoles on it because I do feel the lag on the NES over USB and fast pulling.. for arcade, it is great because I am used to GroovyMame. The analogue FPGA consoles, those I can call lag free.

DF arcade setup - the bookshelf where the controller was resting was moving a lot, that movement will mess you up during gaming. The monitor that he was using, no mentioned of lag test at all, I would upgrade to the iPad monitor since that has been reported to have (I think) 1ms of lag or something like that. I have seen the iPad monitor on a miSter from a fellow gamer, it is not OLED quality when it comes to black level but it is really good at the native resolution. The DF video was from a noob point of view which is not bad and I was happy to see that he was very happy with his setup and enjoying gaming on it.

Back