What's new

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
@evilsim kindly sent me a 3D printed case for a dual Mega Drive Daemonbite so I built it properly. It took a bit of time, I’d say a good hour or two. Can’t recommend it enough. The minimal lag with the M30’s takes MiSTer to a whole other level.

EAA09E61-612A-4338-8E5D-E2A5A55E18E2.jpeg

Really wish I used kynar wire in hindsight (it’s a pain to strip though — anyone got any tips).

15E8FE98-8BD6-4680-8744-2848C134B3C3.jpeg

Not my finest soldering / wiring work but there’s no real need for strain relief so it’s all crammed in there now and works.

My biggest warning to people is to be careful of the USB port on the Arduino. After 10-15 removals, it WILL snap off or become loose. Best to plug your cable in and never remove it from the PCB side.

awbacon1

Champion
Reaction score
@evilsim kindly sent me a 3D printed case for a dual Mega Drive Daemonbite so I built it properly. It took a bit of time, I’d say a good hour or two. Can’t recommend it enough. The minimal lag with the M30’s takes MiSTer to a whole other level.

Really wish I used kynar wire in hindsight (it’s a pain to strip though — anyone got any tips).

Not my finest soldering / wiring work but there’s no real need for strain relief so it’s all crammed in there now and works.

My biggest warning to people is to be careful of the USB port on the Arduino. After 10-15 removals, it WILL snap off or become loose. Best to plug your cable in and never remove it from the PCB side.
some good case work

GeorgeSpinner

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks great.

Is that fun-tak I see?

Are you using it to hold the lid closed?

If it is - I use the stuff, for purposes like this, all the time as well.

It's an a very handy tool when you need something temporarily affixed.

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Is that fun-tak I see?

Are you using it to hold the lid closed?
It’s called Blu-Tack in Australia, but yep! Using it to hold the Arduino in place as I didn’t trim the case to fit it before I fitted the ports and cabling in the case and didn’t want to break anything! Case is being held together temporarily with tape until I give it a nice burn in. Then I’ll superglue it all together.

benime

Professional
Reaction score
I’ll try that method again. The two prior times I tried it, either the insulation was having issues melting or I made a mess of my irons tip.
I usually just melt the insulation and clean my tip with a Hakko 599B (brass wire ball), otherwise I have an old wire wrap tool I bought years ago at Radio Shack similar to this

https://www.amazon.com/JAMECO-BENCHPRO-30AWG-Wire-Wrap/dp/B00C9NWR1Q/

The bottom pops off and the shaft is hollow and contains a strip tool for kynar.

Last edited: