What's new
I’ll try that method again. The two prior times I tried it, either the insulation was having issues melting or I made a mess of my irons tip.
I usually just melt the insulation and clean my tip with a Hakko 599B (brass wire ball), otherwise I have an old wire wrap tool I bought years ago at Radio Shack similar to this

https://www.amazon.com/JAMECO-BENCHPRO-30AWG-Wire-Wrap/dp/B00C9NWR1Q/

The bottom pops off and the shaft is hollow and contains a strip tool for kynar.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I have a vewlix DB with the 1080p stock monitor. I just set up a mister but only the de10-nano with SDram running with a jpac2. For video im running a VGA to HDMI Adaptor. So i put the mister resolution to 1920X1080 60Hz but the screen goes black then back on every few seconds like its going in and out if sync and sometimes it will last a few minutes good but then it goes back to the black screen every few seconds. I also tried 1920X1080 50Hz, Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

I was not sure where to post this so i choose this thread.

Attachments

• 3202309F-8958-41B4-9AD2-376DD94C2E8A.jpeg
    3202309F-8958-41B4-9AD2-376DD94C2E8A.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 117F57BE-7E45-4587-A6AF-3B77F9571CDF.jpeg
    117F57BE-7E45-4587-A6AF-3B77F9571CDF.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 94
So the Konami video chips for TMNT have been decapped and furrtek himself is making a core! Other titles that use the same chips (and have cores hinted at) are: Aliens, Block Hole, Cue Brick, Gang Busters, Gradius 3, Missing in Action, Punk Shot, and Super Contra.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/all-konami-tmnt-61429362

itor. I just set up a mister but only the de10-nano with SDram running with a jpac2. For video im running a VGA to HDMI

Those monitors have a vga and a dvi input.. why not use the dvi input and a dvi to hdmi cable..that should work

Those monitors have a vga and a dvi input.. why not use the dvi input and a dvi to hdmi cable..that should work
I get my sound from the vga adaptor.. where would i get my sound from if i do dvi to hdmi cable? I have not seen a dvi to hdmi with separate audio cable

Get an I/O board from Misteraddon as if you were going analogue. Connect the audio cable to I/O board jack and directly to the Vewlix.
That's what I do and it works perfect. I also just run VGA from my Mister to my Vewlix. I'm new to Mister but I couldn't read anything on why I should choose hdmi over VGA on the Mister, and that frees up my DVI input on my Vewlix for other things.

That's what I do and it works perfect. I also just run VGA from my Mister to my Vewlix. I'm new to Mister but I couldn't read anything on why I should choose hdmi over VGA on the Mister, and that frees up my DVI input on my Vewlix for other things.
So i can confirm that the issue im having with 1920 X 1080 res that give me a black screen every few seconds has stopped by switching to DVI.. i will order the analog i/0 board for sound.. and i will also try the VGA to VGA from the analog to vewlix monitor like @muffman says he is using.

@muffman may i ask on what res do you have your mister set on when your using the analog i/o board from vga to vga on the vewlix?

1280x720 60hz. Like I said, I'm new to Mister so anyone feel free to jump in if I should be using different inputs or settings. I think though the VGA input and 1280x720 60hz is good for a 1080p monitor like in the Black Diamonds. You would want different settings if you are using a CRT, and a different input and settings on a 2k or 4k monitor I would imagine.

1280x720 60hz. Like I said, I'm new to Mister so anyone feel free to jump in if I should be using different inputs or settings. I think though the VGA input and 1280x720 60hz is good for a 1080p monitor like in the Black Diamonds. You would want different settings if you are using a CRT, and a different input and settings on a 2k or 4k monitor I would imagine.
The reason why i put it on the 1920 X 1080 res on the mister is that it allows proper X5 scaling from a video i saw. And to me 1920 x 1080 looks cleaner then 1280 x 720 on the Vewlix DB monitor

View: https://youtu.be/HlBSnI3NnfQ

The reason why i put it on the 1920 X 1080 res on the mister is that it allows proper X5 scaling from a video i saw. And to me 1920 x 1080 looks cleaner then 1280 x 720 on the Vewlix DB monitor

View: https://youtu.be/HlBSnI3NnfQ
Oh yeah, I actually bookmarked and watched this video a long time ago. But I forgot to update my settings the next time I played. I'm going to go implement these changes now before I forget. Thanks for this!

Back