What's new
What's the best place to buy a complete setup in the US? I see that misteraddons.com is out of the main board most of the time. Really just looking for the DE-10, standard IO, USB, and RAM. Nothing fancy at this point.
Grab the DE-10 from Digikey and grab the rest from @misteraddons

@awbacon1 I highly recommend using a protective case to avoid ESD accidents and physical damage.

Neptune case from Nat is great!

mister-fpga.jpg
I will shortly. For the video I need it bare to point at things but I will grab a case soon. Just need to decide. That plexi job looks nice though

That's really cool. MD Menacer and SNES Super Scope are straight up trash, but there's a few decent light gun games on both platforms.

EDIT: since I'm here in this thread, I might as well ask. A friend's bringing me a MiSTer to try out on the weekend. It's just the DE10-Nano board I think? Well, let's say it is. What core runs without any extra memory?
Think the tg16 and sega games run without any extras. bunch of computer cores.

Reactions: nem
I prefer the black metal case from @misteraddons, but shipping from USA to Spain is very expensive. I bought this one before brexit so I didn't have to pay any extra.

Can I ask if anyone of you have had this issue before. I recently got my mister kit, but the guy forgot to send the vga to scart cable. I still wanted to test it out though, so I took the one I bought to the Analogue DAC and connected it to my CRT TV (PAL).

The image just spinned around, like it couldn't handle the sync, and was very hard to see. I went into the sd card and changed csync to 1. Image stopped spinning, but the image is still incredibly weak / dark. Can hardly tell what it is on the screen. I thought it should handle 15khz / 240p out of the box with the analog io board.

What am I missing?

Is your adapter based on the AG6200 chip? when you are using a HDMI to VGA adapter you must set direct_video mode in your mister.ini.

I'm using this wiring with a Rankie adapter and it works fine.

mister-vga-a-scart.png

Although that would not solve the dark image issue, don't forget to put a 470Ω resistor in series for CSYNC.

@pacoarcade you didn't have to change any jumpers, or through holes, to get 3.3v or 5v through the vga/scart contact? Seems some people are hinting at that.

If I recall correctly, this adapter doesn't have 5V output, but pin 14 from the VGA out has RGB Switch, this goes to pin 16.

I didn't change any physical setting in the DE10-Nano, just the csync and direct_video options in mister.ini.

So it seems like the analog io board I got did not come with any jumpers at all, stealing some from an old motherboard and setting it so you get 3.3v out through the VGA port helped with the issue. The image is now proper brightness. Why the fuck would he sell the boards without the needed jumper...

Can anyone recommend any good db15 to usb adapters to use my Neo Sticks on the Mister? Don't care much for pads or 6/8 buttons sticks when it comes to the Neo.

I’ll find out more and get back at you!

Back