What's new
Guys what are your recommendations for ram versions? I’m looking at second hand and it appears to be v2.4. Is there cut off version that one shouldn’t bother with? My use case is Mistercade on a Blast City. Thanks.

I'd go with v2.9.

From what I remember earlier versions were having some issues with CPS2 depending on how they were made. I believe 2.9 fixes the issue across the board.

$60 from misteraddons, 50 eur from ultimatemister

I am having trouble with my mister reading my roms. I dragged and dropped them to my games folder on the mister but when i load up the mister and I try to load them up, they are not there. I tried both zipped and unzipped roms but nothing works. Probably just a setting i'm missing somewhere.

Where is your games folder? SD, network share, USB?

Many people have issues if they're anywhere other than /media/fat/games, so try to put them there as a test and see if that works

Where is your games folder? SD, network share, USB?

Many people have issues if they're anywhere other than /media/fat/games, so try to put them there as a test and see if that works
I have them on an SD card. I can see the arcade roms, but not console. The layout is something like this, Mister main directory/ games/ NES/ roms. What are you referring to "fat"?

/media/fat is linux file system path. If you ftp in or access via ssh, that's the path you would use. But if you're physically removing the SD card from the mister and plugging it into a Windows machine or something else, then it's defaulting to that already.

Games should be in:
/games/NES
/games/Genesis
/games/GBA

etc.

Assuming you haven't changed any default file settings from a clean install, then I'm not sure why the games aren't showing up. You could try setting up the SD card again using Mr Fusion (https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/mr-fusion ). Someone else may have other things to try though before formatting the card and redoing the setup.

/media/fat is linux file system path. If you ftp in or access via ssh, that's the path you would use. But if you're physically removing the SD card from the mister and plugging it into a Windows machine or something else, then it's defaulting to that already.

Games should be in:
/games/NES
/games/Genesis
/games/GBA

etc.

Assuming you haven't changed any default file settings from a clean install, then I'm not sure why the games aren't showing up. You could try setting up the SD card again using Mr Fusion (https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/mr-fusion ). Someone else may have other things to try though before formatting the card and redoing the setup.
I'm using an SD card and Windows 10. I tried re-formatting and re-installing the Mister again but no luck. I went about it the same way. Burn the mister image using Win32DiskImager, Update Script, Update all script, and finally put in a ROM inside the games/GBA folder. It can read all the arcade ROMS but none of the console ones. I was gonna say maybe bad SD card but you'd think if that was the case, it wouldn't be reading anything.

Gba games should be in /media/fat/games/GBA (on Linux)
You also need a bios file for Gba in the same folder and rename it boot.rom

Gba games should be in /media/fat/games/GBA (on Linux)
You also need a bios file for Gba in the same folder and rename it boot.rom
I will check when i get home. I am using Windows so I didn't see a media/fat folder.
Doesnt the "update all" do this for me? All the tutorials i watched I never seen that.

So I should be able to just add those folders if they are not there, and add the bios file in the GBA directory?

On windows, H:\games\GBA\ is fine, don't add media/fat
Check your GBA bios file maybe.

Last edited:
I don't know about the Jammix but the USB keyboard shouldn't be a problem.
I was asking about USB drive because if you have one I think it would have priority over the SD card.
I don't have other ideas for now.

I don't know about the Jammix but the USB keyboard shouldn't be a problem.
I was asking about USB drive because if you have one I think it would have priority over the SD card.
I don't have other ideas for now.
It's just the SD card as my only drive.

Back