What's new
I dropped my Patreon after about half a year without any Lifesigns on Patreon and Twitter. Perhaps i'll renew it in a few months...

I dropped my Patreon after about half a year without any Lifesigns on Patreon and Twitter. Perhaps i'll renew it in a few months...
He dropped a big update today, and they're really regular now. Guwange is getting closer to release, and he added Blue Label support, amongst a bunch of other fixes that I think are locked in a Patreon post, so I won't quote the whole thing.

I don't blame anyone for dropping, but he's doing what he can to earn people's contributions again.

He dropped a big update today, and they're really regular now. Guwange is getting closer to release, and he added Blue Label support, amongst a bunch of other fixes that I think are locked in a Patreon post, so I won't quote the whole thing.

I don't blame anyone for dropping, but he's doing what he can to earn people's contributions again.

Sounds cool, have the performance issues with Guwange been fixed?

Sounds cool, have the performance issues with Guwange been fixed?
From his Patreon update:

• The Guwange slowdowns are much closer to what I can see in YouTube videos of the PCB, although I still feel they are a touch to severe. I will be making some changes to the CPU cache which will hopefully squeeze another 10% performance, and get us closer to the mark.

From his Patreon update:

• The Guwange slowdowns are much closer to what I can see in YouTube videos of the PCB, although I still feel they are a touch to severe. I will be making some changes to the CPU cache which will hopefully squeeze another 10% performance, and get us closer to the mark.
How can you possibly re-create a board if you don't have physical access to one.. I much prefer jotegos, furrtek and others approach that does it IC by IC.

He does have DoDonPachi and Dangun Feveron PCBs - he mentions in today's update that the Dangun core is more accurately timed than MAME now since it matches his actual board measurements.

From his Patreon update:

Thanks, I went ahead and pledged to his Patreon. There's some pretty promising stuff in that last update!

How can you possibly re-create a board if you don't have physical access to one.. I much prefer jotegos, furrtek and others approach that does it IC by IC.
I hear you, I'm sure if someone wants to send him a Guwange board he'd be happy to have the access.

But since they're rare and selling for $1000+ what are you gonna do? He's making do with the similar ones he has.

The entire Cave project has been less than ideal in multiple ways, but nobody else is doing it, and I'm glad these cool games that are freaking expensive and hard to access are becoming available to people in another way.

I tested out the UoPoko. Can someone tell me how I can enter the setup screen ? I.e. this ?

0000.png

Back