What's new
I've got a MiSTercade and i'm super happy with it. I've decided to put a second MiSTer in a vertical cab. I was on the MiSTercade "notify me" list, i got the email at like 3am while i was sleeping, went to check around 10am and they were already sold out, doh!

So any opinions here on what would be a good alternative that's in stock? JAMMIX looks good and appears to be in stock - has anyone here tested one out yet? It's only shipping in the US so id need to use an agent to get one as i'm AU based, so would be keen to hear feedback from someone.
Ive only heard of JAMMIX, havent used one. But even though it's not in stock, I can't sing enough praises for the IrkenLabs' JAMMA expander. Definitely a worthy buy.

I've got a MiSTercade and i'm super happy with it. I've decided to put a second MiSTer in a vertical cab. I was on the MiSTercade "notify me" list, i got the email at like 3am while i was sleeping, went to check around 10am and they were already sold out, doh!

So any opinions here on what would be a good alternative that's in stock? JAMMIX looks good and appears to be in stock - has anyone here tested one out yet? It's only shipping in the US so id need to use an agent to get one as i'm AU based, so would be keen to hear feedback from someone.
I have a jammix and been using it as a stand alone set up these past few weeks, but this will be going into my mini cute repro when I get assembled soon. So far I only had this plugged into my plasma tv via HDMI and its been doing well. Setup of the boards wasn't too bad, pins were a bit too easy to bend so just be careful with that. Some of the cables can only go one way, while others are bi-directional. As for the board itself, i think it comes with everything you'll need. And it has 3 different was of powering it up. I'm doing an arcade build, but if you wanted to put this in a mini ITX case this should fit in perfectly. It even has a matching back plate. Overall i have to say i'm happy with it. I dont have any experience with the MISTercade, so I can't make comparisons, but the JAMMIX does look like it can do the job.

Let me know if you have any questions i can help answer. Hopefully i can get it all built by the end of the week. I'll keep it posted.

Update, I am having some trouble with the Jammix/mister and my arcade set up. It works but i can't get it to stop scrolling vertically no matter how much i adjust it on the chassis. I can load up games and play them. I haven't really messed much around with the mister yet but it's possible there could be some software settings that can help out.

Update, I am having some trouble with the Jammix/mister and my arcade set up. It works but i can't get it to stop scrolling vertically no matter how much i adjust it on the chassis. I can load up games and play them. I haven't really messed much around with the mister yet but it's possible there could be some software settings that can help out.
I don't know the jammix, but could be you have to set composite_sync to on.

I don't know the jammix, but could be you have to set composite_sync to on.
Yeah i watched @awbacon1 video to figure out how to do that. There were a lot more settings in the .ini file but I think I got all the ones related to sync. I was able to get a normal arcade pcb to work without the scrolling. It just locked onto where it needed and it held its position. Should be possible to do with the mister. Then some games have a setting to turn the games from 57hz to 60hz. Changed to 60hz kinda helps. I can get it to stop, but it wont be centered, and will still move around.

Update, i'm an idiot. The tutorial that @awbacon1 has works good. My mistake was not saving the changes i made to the .ini files. To save, just scroll to the right at the bottom. The two settings that I think helped are the composite sync, set to on. And the match display refresh settings. Some games you might have to change back to 60hz, like Dodonpachi which is set to 57hz. But other than that, I say this is a success. The jammix might be more expensive than the mister arcade, but it works, and provides more versatility.

Now I got a question, how do you deal with the controls? I'm having some trouble setting all the arcade controls. Especially the ones that have P1, Start, Credit. My arcade only has 6 buttons. Assuming all for punch and kicks, I can't set up the other ones.

Now I got a question, how do you deal with the controls? I'm having some trouble setting all the arcade controls. Especially the ones that have P1, Start, Credit. My arcade only has 6 buttons. Assuming all for punch and kicks, I can't set up the other ones.

Glad you got your display issues sorted out.

As for key bindings, you can press the User button on the MiSTer to skip binding a function you might not use, such as Pause. As for critical functions like Coin and Start, you should be able to bind those to the coin chute (insert a physical coin, like a real arcade board) and Start buttons on your cab.

If your cab doesn’t have a Coin and/or Start button, you can purchase a JAMMA extension that has physical buttons for all the possible inputs like the “JAMMA Passthrough With Buttons” here:

https://riddledtv.com/arcade/jamma_testers.html#TesterButtons

Hello, here is a MiSTer JAMMA option. Besides JAMMA, he also supports JVS Arcade.
mmexport1671870207716.jpg

mmexport1671870228670.jpg

Attachments

• MiSTer_data.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Back