What's new
Thanks for the advice. Tested continuity on RGB and ground pins and all good there. Disassembled Mistercade and checked all pins. They all seem aligned, nothing bent or broken. Tested with another K7000 monitor and same issue. Also, works good with my MVS board, no color issues. I'm at a loss. :(

Paging @misteraddons because I don't have any more suggestions. Hope it's something simple. Do you have access to another cab or SuperGun that you can test the MiSTercade with?

Good to know. Also, providing the purchaser with small instruction setup for how to connect the versus to multiple cabs and any additional parts needed to complete the full experience would be much appreciated:)

Paging @misteraddons because I don't have any more suggestions. Hope it's something simple. Do you have access to another cab or SuperGun that you can test the MiSTercade with?
Thank you. Unfortunately, no access to another cab at the moment. I did try connecting to VGA monitor and all colors look great. So, the issue seems limited to the Jamma output.

This looks awesome! @misteraddons I've purchased 2 XL boards previously for versus capability - just making sure they be compatable with the satellites that are coming out? Do I have that right?

This looks awesome! @misteraddons I've purchased 2 XL boards previously for versus capability - just making sure they be compatable with the satellites that are coming out? Do I have that right?

I was just corrected by @misteraddons - the Versus requires a new revision of the XL board that will be included with it. I have edited my previous incorrect answer.

Yeah, sorry, rather than complicate it for the users, I'll just including a redesigned XL board with VS board purchases. Long story short: I'm attenuating the video on the XL board's HDMI AV port so that the video level entering and leaving each VS link is the same. In practice, this means that there's less fiddling from the user when using VS :)

Yeah, sorry, rather than complicate it for the users, I'll just including a redesigned XL board with VS board purchases. Long story short: I'm attenuating the video on the XL board's HDMI AV port so that the video level entering and leaving each VS link is the same. In practice, this means that there's less fiddling from the user when using VS :)

I don't imagine there's an ETA on the VS board?

I'm wanting to make a purchase, but since I'm in AU, I figured it'd be better to bundle it together than to pay shipping twice with different orders.

Thank you. Unfortunately, no access to another cab at the moment. I did try connecting to VGA monitor and all colors look great. So, the issue seems limited to the Jamma output.
I assume you were the one with the video issue that contacted me via email? Sorry, I've been playing catchup, getting MiSTercades shipped, and other things. If I don't answer here, email, chat, or my Discord server are more immediate ways to contact me. I suspect there's some tiny solder bridge somewhere in the video section that's causing your video issues. Even though I personally QC every board, it's hard not to get complacent after hours of testing :)

I don't imagine there's an ETA on the VS board?

I'm wanting to make a purchase, but since I'm in AU, I figured it'd be better to bundle it together than to pay shipping twice with different orders.
It hasn't started production yet. I made one more change based on tester feedback and I want to verify the final design then produce them. The device is way overdue but it's so much better than it would have been 6 months ago :)

It hasn't started production yet. I made one more change based on tester feedback and I want to verify the final design then produce them. The device is way overdue but it's so much better than it would have been 6 months ago :)

it's such a toss up... i think I'm probably best to order the mistercade now and then just wait for the VS and suck it up with the shipping costs. This way there's no missing out on the mistercade

it's such a toss up... i think I'm probably best to order the mistercade now and then just wait for the VS and suck it up with the shipping costs. This way there's no missing out on the mistercade
Yeah, I should be ok for another 1-2 months with MiSTercade but the VS will take at least that long to produce :)

I have a critical Mistercade issue, and any help is appreciate.

I bought Mistercade and the 128 SDRAM from MisterAddOn (I bought a few Mister FPGA from them and other stuff, I am an old customer of MisterAddOn)

Last weekend, I put the Mistercade together, with the 128 SDRAM, and the NANO-10 that I bought from MisterAddOn a couple of years ago (so I am sure that the NANO-10 is good, as I play it every single day). I had very severe issue - all the games cannot run on the Mistercade, and many errors reported (each game is different), address error, graphic issue, cannot start, etc, etc. I thought it was the SDRAM issue. I broke the Mistercade down and re-assemble it, the issue went away. I did not play it for a week as I need to work every workday. I can only play on weekend. However, yesterday the same issue happened again, and this time it could not fixed after another reassembly.

I tested the Mistercade in my Sega New Astro City Cabinet, with a cbox on a CRT TV, and with HDMI on a flat TV, they all have the same problem; I also followed the Mistercade manual and switched to the 5v, it has the same problem.

I think it is a hardware problem, either with the Mistercade, or with the 128 SDRAM. Could you please exchange the problematic Mistercade and the SDRAM? Thanks for your help.

I am attaching a picture for the error I got from one game, and ALL the games have the problem. I also ran SDRAM test, it is weird that I got a two split mirror screen, also attached.

I submitted this problem via chat and email contact on MisterAddOn, but no response. I am an old customer for MisterAddon, and I hope I could get some help from here and also from @misteraddons .

Thanks.

Attachments

• 41DD2CAE-77E2-4F7F-AA4A-3684C6D8F123.jpeg
    41DD2CAE-77E2-4F7F-AA4A-3684C6D8F123.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 04189C54-B1E4-4311-B24B-FD95BC33B9C6.jpeg
    04189C54-B1E4-4311-B24B-FD95BC33B9C6.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 8E7ED364-5225-48AE-9E6F-E2371ADF541C.jpeg
    8E7ED364-5225-48AE-9E6F-E2371ADF541C.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 74593C7B-A0A0-448D-BFEF-50E679906D7C.jpeg
    74593C7B-A0A0-448D-BFEF-50E679906D7C.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 118454EE-A0BE-4F43-8037-21524DFE2379.jpeg
    118454EE-A0BE-4F43-8037-21524DFE2379.jpeg
    229.1 KB · Views: 53
I have a critical Mistercade issue, and any help is appreciate.

I bought Mistercade and the 128 SDRAM from MisterAddOn (I bought a few Mister FPGA from them and other stuff, I am an old customer of MisterAddOn)

Last weekend, I put the Mistercade together, with the 128 SDRAM, and the NANO-10 that I bought from MisterAddOn a couple of years ago (so I am sure that the NANO-10 is good, as I play it every single day). I had very severe issue - all the games cannot run on the Mistercade, and many errors reported (each game is different), address error, graphic issue, cannot start, etc, etc. I thought it was the SDRAM issue. I broke the Mistercade down and re-assemble it, the issue went away. I did not play it for a week as I need to work every workday. I can only play on weekend. However, yesterday the same issue happened again, and this time it could not fixed after another reassembly.

I tested the Mistercade in my Sega New Astro City Cabinet, with a cbox on a CRT TV, and with HDMI on a flat TV, they all have the same problem; I also followed the Mistercade manual and switched to the 5v, it has the same problem.

I think it is a hardware problem, either with the Mistercade, or with the 128 SDRAM. Could you please exchange the problematic Mistercade and the SDRAM? Thanks for your help.

I am attaching a picture for the error I got from one game, and ALL the games have the problem. I also ran SDRAM test, it is weird that I got a two split mirror screen, also attached.

I submitted this problem via chat and email contact on MisterAddOn, but no response. I am an old customer for MisterAddon, and I hope I could get some help from here and also from @misteraddons .

Thanks.
If the issue is the same via HDMI and the JAMMA edge, I’d assume it’s the SDRAM or the nano.

Nano is good, as I played it before. I also installed the nano again into my mister fpga, it works well.

Back