What's new
Looks different enough! But mame totally crashes with a unhanded opcode error.

Not sure what's going on! Someone with a better understanding with mame needs to check it out and load the roms etc.

Ok i got it running perfectly in mame... in game average 17% running speed with debugger on.

I think the game is fully working with your roms but i will let it run for a few matches.
Now it works, i can see where the patch went wrong but that's enough for today ;)

@MetalliC or someone will catch this and fix up mame.

only 19 is bad.
a new link with the right program roms and ic 19 zipped is coming

I see, is there any other who own DOA and may redump and check these ROMs ? IC15 and 16 dumps I've seen in this topic looks not good and have some stuck bits, perhaps Trol's board is not 100% good ?
@twistedsymphony perhaps you have one of these ?

my board is working 100%.
the first dump i made from ic15 looked bad so check my last link

The mame program roms run fine on my board too. Ive checked all the other roms against the mame set, only ic 19 and my program roms were different.

I still think the new dump of 15 is bad, but who knows - this one is very strange :)

I see, 19 is clearly bad in MAME, one of bits stuck 0.
but it is not clear with 15 and 16, they are fairly different, are you sure ICs was labeled epr-19379b and epr-19380b ?
as for me they more looks like other / undumped revision

Looks like it's been a lot of redumps in the past , some of the 'fixes' may be compensating the bad rom:

mame history said:
  • 0.196: In geo mode 2 & 3 normals are skipped for every triangle/quad. Fixes graphical glitches in Dead or Alive [Angelo Salese].
  • 0.195: Cleanups. Fixed viewport. Kill tile32/char32 tranpolines (video\segaic24.h). Converted colorxlat & lumaram to 16-bit accessors. State-ized frame_start / geo_parse (video\model2.c). Fixed 2D priority over polygons (Virtua Cop level select, Dead or Alive chara select etc.). Fixed Dead or Alive protection reads [Angelo Salese].
  • 0.158: Moved Decathlete (STV driver) protection in a device, moved the Dead or Alive protection sim there too, added devices to driver (preparation for refactoring, they're the same device, just underused by Dead or Alive) [David Haywood].
  • 0.154: Angelo Salese fixed at least black screen regression in DOA.
  • 0.127u1: Changed description to 'Dead or Alive (Model 2B, Revision B)' and clone (Revision A) to 'Dead or Alive (Model 2A, Revision A)'.
  • 0.126: Changed description of clone (Model 2A) to 'Dead or Alive (Model 2A) (Revision A)'.
  • 0.106u9: Removed 2nd ADSP21062 CPU.
  • 2nd June 2006: Ville Linde - One of my i960 core fixes fixed the problems Dead or Alive was having.
  • 0.87u2: R. Belmont removed unnecessary code patch from DOA and added SHA1s.
  • 0.87u1: R. Belmont added 'Dead or Alive (Model 2B)' (Sega 1996) and clone (Model 2A). Shows parade of 'ANIME' errors in (Model 2A).
  • 5th February 2003: Dead Or Alive (Tecmo 1996, Sega Model 2A version) arrived from Taucher for resale.
  • 21st October 2002: Guru - DOA (Dead or Alive) was redumped.

errm, sure, why not ? MAME staff is pretty much qualified software and/or hardware engineers.

I see, 19 is clearly bad in MAME, one of bits stuck 0.
but it is not clear with 15 and 16, they are fairly different, are you sure ICs was labeled epr-19379b and epr-19380b ?
as for me they more looks like other / undumped revision
Well the date on them is december 6th 1996, if I unzip the mame set the date next to the files is december 24th..

dsS2ZZdPLPjoBvnc
piccy

errm, sure, why not ? MAME staff is pretty much qualified software and/or hardware engineers.
Agreed , that's why i don't bother adding clones and fixes because they would always be classed as 'sloppy implementation' 'hacks / bypasses' or just good old wrong :D

Back