What's new
You probably won't have force feedback in Daytona 2 or Scud Race as they are different motors (a fellow UK cab collector has stated this), but for basic gameplay you will likely just need:
- A power supply that supports 3.3v, 5v and 12v, and connect them to your Model 3.
- DSB1 or DSB2 for in-game music on the aforementioned games (Fortunately Sega Touring Car uses a DSB1 but you'll need to change ROMs or the entire DSB1)

For the remaining view buttons (3 and 4) you'll also want to probably replace the control panel overlay and wire that up somehow. The good news is the connectors for analog and digital inputs are the same but you would have to bridge pins 5 and 7 together on the 25pin to start the game on both platforms.

As for shifting gears, there DOES exist a custom shifter board from the European upright Sega Rally 1995 machine that converts the 3 microswitches of 4 gears + neutral to sequential data; perhaps you could wire that up to one side or both and play manual transmission in SR2/D2/Scud. They're not horribly difficult to find but I have another article about this on the site and may be worth a look.

Yep, LeMans is the best game to start with. Harley, Dirt Devils, and Emergency Call are some others I reckon would play perfectly (except on H-D you likely need to tie the front and rear brake inputs to turn better)

great thx.

as i think of it i guess it would be best to buy a seperate model 3 cab. either a Scud, A SR2 or a D2. because then i can play those 3 quite easily.

as for Le mans i think it would be easier to put this in my touring car cab compared to a another model 3 cab, since the touring car cab has the same force feedback than Le mans 24

ok so lets start on the Le Mans project. what parts from Le mans do i need to get that going in the sega touring cab?

I’m going though this as well, I have a Sega Rally 2 twin and I’m trying to run Scud Race on one side but the force feedback is out of control and no sound what so ever. I’ve just started reading into this but the model 3 seems to be overly complicated so far.. 😩

so, Sega Touring car, Le Mans 24, and Indy 500 all share the same I/O Board. is this correct?

i dont get this information from the manuals

btw i dont think that on ambulance and dirt devils the FF would work in my touring car cab, correct?

Last edited:
he probably means the same drive / force feedback board

what about Jalecos SuperGT24H , can i put that in a sega touring car cab just like that?

Would you not consider putting 2x mid range spec pc's in the cabs and hooking the cabinet controls, audio, video and outputs to the PC's?

Then you can play every driving arcade game ever made. I did this with my namco twin cab a while ago. All the sega model 3 game are emulated great in supermodel. You can add a custom desktop resolution or 496x384 to the emudriver vmmaker config and then supermodel/m2emu will play them at the original resolution.

Many emulators support networking now too so you can play two player in your cab.

Once you use the appropriate connectors you can swap back the the real pcb any time.

I think it's worth considering.

I recently picked up a Daytona 2 and also got a Sega Super GT PCB cage in the deal as well. Those both are compatible but on Sega Super GT I only had sound effects no background music. I’m thinking though that’s likely because I need a different sound board or sound roms. I would love to also buy a few other driver PCB’s to play in my Daytona 2 cab. I do also have a Sega Rally 1995 (model 2). I was reading someone say that it may not be that tough to get that game to work in a Daytona 2 is that correct? What would need to be swapped or added? I wish there was more info online about this and YouTube videos but I can’t find much of anything.

I recently picked up a Daytona 2 and also got a Sega Super GT PCB cage in the deal as well. Those both are compatible but on Sega Super GT I only had sound effects no background music. I’m thinking though that’s likely because I need a different sound board or sound roms. I would love to also buy a few other driver PCB’s to play in my Daytona 2 cab. I do also have a Sega Rally 1995 (model 2). I was reading someone say that it may not be that tough to get that game to work in a Daytona 2 is that correct? What would need to be swapped or added? I wish there was more info online about this and YouTube videos but I can’t find much of anything.
I only have boards and hacked console wheels (very labor-intensive hobby but super rewarding) to play these, but Super GT/Scud Race uses the DSB1 sound board used in Model 1s and earlier Model 2C stuff like Touring Cars. I just sold both my DSB1 and 2 boards to Japan in favor of Rom1's DSB Clone otherwise I would've sold you mine hahaha.

According to gamemaster14 and his blog (and I can attest to this), a Model 2A/B/C board should work in a Model 3 cabinet as long as you connect the proper power, but they only use +5V, +12V (fans & sound board) and GND. One connector (the 10-pin) will fit in a Model 2, but for extra power you'll need to get creative and wire in the 24-pin power connector to another Power Connector (try male to female Dupont wires possibly and just plug them to the 24-pin). If you use the 1 connector you may experience freezing after long periods of playtime.

The force feedback motors are vastly different to my recollection, but for basic gameplay Sega Rally should theoretically work in a Daytona 2 if you do a (very small) wiring job:
- On the 25-pin connector, pin 5 is start for the Model 2 driving games. For Model 3, it is pin 7. You can tie these together.
- The view button for Sega Rally 1995 is pin 8 of the 25-pin connector. You can tie it to one of the view buttons of your choice and it shouldn't cause much interference.
- The shifter fortunately works the same. Pins 13-15 use the 4 gear shifter with 3 microswitches. I use nem's reproduction Sega 4-to-2-way shifter board and can shift gears with 2 buttons on any modded wheel of my choice and some connectors I made; it's so rad!! It works with all 4-speed M2/3 drivers.
My SR1995 does not have a cage, and when I sold the cage it came in there was no fan, but you'll need to wire up a connector to power it using 12v and gnd.

Unfortunately I haven't touched any Sega driving cabinets except Crazy Taxi in such a long time, so much so with arcades being a dead breed here in the rural south US, so you are lucky you have a Daytona 2 cab my friend. ;)

Yeap, SCUD Race uses digital sound board 1 for the background music while Daytona 2 uses digital sound board 2.
A solution to that problem would be to use Roms digital sound board

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/dsb-clone-digital-sound-board-sega.17832/

this board covers both games.

Back