What's new
what are the dipswitches on the remote board set to when you're testing the neo geo?

If you put back the transistors your replaced, are you back to the extra bright red?

Sorry! Been sick and the holidays.
Well, it’s displaying an image now :)
Yay!!! Progress! Just need to balance the Red but, the Tweak Pots for “Red Gain” don’t do anything.

I am thinking the spark while dialing Red in (Aka when I lost my image to bright Red) it may have messed up the Trimmer Pot.

Unless I should look elsewhere?
Thinking of finding a new replacement for it as I would assume the Transistor replacement fixed itself as I am no longer drowned out by red.

Going to try and fix it. The professional repair folks would change ~$300 all said and done.

I have faith in my semi-adequate skills but more the expertise and experience of the community …. Help please lmfao

Attachments

• B8BC45BA-CA9D-42F2-9BAC-65E0D3F3F452.jpeg
    B8BC45BA-CA9D-42F2-9BAC-65E0D3F3F452.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 77
Assuming you've reflowed all the transistors on the neck board?

I think there's definitely an issue with the neck board. I've had the exact same issue where none of the pots changed anything - I replaced my neck board and voila! I had image.

As for a professional - the 2930/31 series is apparently one of the biggest PITA chassis to work on which is the reason there's such a high price for repair (if you can find people to repair them - I know Jomac here in AU HATES working on this chassis)

And I thought my wells D9200 was a POS lol! This thing takes the cake.

Yeah reflowed the transistors and replaced them, full cap kit, cleaned the chassis. Reflowed everything and I thought I’d be done at this point lol

Oh, so you think like the Neck board is funky?
Probably tbh the solder joints were soooo bad beforehand.

I have a spare ms2931 chassis I believe, maybe I can see if it would work?

Lame right? Funny how certain trimmer pots don’t do a thing

And I thought my wells D9200 was a POS lol! This thing takes the cake.

hahaha everything "blast city" is a POS for me :D :D

After working on three, they're just very "special". Once it's up and running though, they're great :D, you just have to get them working and pray you don't have to work on them again haha

Oh, so you think like the Neck board is funky?

For me when I had that experience, it was definitely the neck board

I have a spare ms2931 chassis I believe, maybe I can see if it would work?

if you have a spare 2931, I would definitely be testing that out - depending on which tube you have, you *may* potentially need to do a resistor swap (R732) if it's on the "dark" side.

Refer to https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?p=523900#p523900

I personally have done the same thing, I had a 2931 in a 2930 tube, was on the dark side, I swapped the resistor and the image is soooo much brighter.

Lame right? Funny how certain trimmer pots don’t do a thing

For me it did this because I essentially lost the red and green guns, so changing the pot had zero effect.

this sounds sort of similar to what happened to me.

for me it was the 2sA1624 and 2sc4218 transistors on the neckboard that had blown... then I replaced them with incorrect parts... theeeen all was good when I replaced them with the correct parts

Back