What's new
A good analogy for old school JAMMA people who struggle to understand the usefulness.

You know those JAMMA adapters that take pre-JAMMA stuff from Capcom, SNK, Namco, etc. Think of the Multi JVS like a programmable one of those that can be programmed on the fly from SD card profiles.

It’s not the same in anyway, *BUT* practically when being used it opens up the doorways to games and peripherals in the same way. Allowing the user to not have to swap out IO’s for different systems, etc.

And given time, I’m sure the community will contribute to this greatly.

I only have a Blast City which requires JAMMA but if I ever get a Vewlix, I’m all over this!

Allowing the user to not have to swap out IO’s for different systems, etc.
Do people actually swap out IOs for different hardware? Does that actually happen?

The comparison to jamma adapters isn't really there. JVS is a standard. It's more like jamma game A has the jump button on SW1, and jamma game B has it on SW2. If you really want your jump button on SW1 you can either physically switch the connectors or remap with something that sits between the button and the game. It's more or less like @RGB's Reco. Without the autofire.

Darksoft does the controller ports also support analog or is there a way we can hook up analog channels to it would be nice
That's what the 26-pin JST RA connector is there for?

Unrelated, but I've never understood why people want everything on D-sub connectors. Boggles my mind.
@nem correct on the 26 pin but sometimes it’s just nice and easy to hookup a controller and play al the analog games :) I know you can fix that easy with some wires but not everybody has the solder skills [dreamcast_ss]

Do people actually swap out IOs for different hardware? Does that actually happen?

The comparison to jamma adapters isn't really there. JVS is a standard. It's more like jamma game A has the jump button on SW1, and jamma game B has it on SW2. If you really want your jump button on SW1 you can either physically switch the connectors or remap with something that sits between the button and the game. It's more or less like @RGB's Reco. Without the autofire.
You’re right. Was trying for an analogy for someone who doesn’t understand the usefulness of this device in “Jamma” terms. It’s hard to explain I guess.

You’re right. Was trying for an analogy for someone who doesn’t understand the usefulness of this device in “Jamma” terms. It’s hard to explain I guess.
maybe better refer to it as 'the Swiss army knife under the JVS IO's? :P
1 device, many use cases and switching pinout on the fly to accommodate different games (e.g. the huge variety in racing games as mentioned before)

Wow .. so in theory you could throw this in just about any actual modern driving cab along with @invzim 's JVS-PAC 2 (https://irkenlabs.com/jvs-pac2/introduction ) and a fairly high end PC and you can have a multi driving cab without having to do a total re-wire or swap a bunch of stuff every time.

Last edited:
I know you can fix that easy with some wires but not everybody has the solder skills
Technically, JST RA is a crimp connector, you don't need to solder anything :p

Wow .. so in theory you could throw this in just about any actual modern driving cab along with @invzim 's JVS-PAC 2 (irkenlabs.com/jvs-pac2/introduction ) and a fairly high end PC and you can have a multi driving cab without having to do a total re-wire or swap a bunch of stuff every time.
I'm not sure what added benefit the Multi JVS would have in this case? If you're running emulation, you can already remap everything to whatever you need it to be. This is for original hardware that doesn't allow it.

The I/O doesnt have implemented serialization, but I'm sure that's an option that could be implemented. Probably @winteriscoming is the right person to ask at this stage.
I think it would get pretty complicated to support a single device acting as multiple simultaneous devices. I would be concerned about the amount of time needed to process all the channels of communication on the one board, and I can't even conceive of how I would add in support for multiple mapping profiles that give mappings per simultaneous unique device. It makes my head hurt thinking about it.

It's not something I would pursue on my end, but the firmware is open source, so I encourage others to come up with ideas, implement them, and share them with everyone else.

I knew almost nothing about JVS and Arduino programming when I started, and here we are today with a @Darksoft designed board using some firmware I cobbled together. :P

Thats pretty cool. Unfortunatly for me i'm still a edge connector guy but hopefully one day someone will build a new Jvs to jamma adaptor, i'm sick of those sega/capcom stuff, they are getting too old

amazing, im in! To whom do i throw this money at , my monitor doesn't seem to want it

I will be grabbing one when available. Can't wait to see what everyone throws at this thing!

No. that's a different story.
I guess you mean a PCB that will allow to use Jamma PCBs on a JVS cabinet. For that you need to decode the JVS signals into JAMMA.
This PCB does the opposite. "Encodes" the inputs of joysticks, pedals, guns, etc. into JVS.

Is this board a kind of merge of a JVS I/O and a S-JIHP ?
If yes, where do you plug analog controller in ?
Would it be possible to plug a 'standard PC' wheel ?

Back