What's new

Ryoandr

Student
Reaction score
I'm fixing this board and the last hurdle is this glitch. I tried checking all P lines, between chips and to the cart, and all seem good, also tried changing the L0 74LS245 just in case. Anyone would have some idea of what to check ?
View: https://youtu.be/BjpeSbNEboU

Just with this cart or with any cart? Have you cleaned the cart/slots yet? That's the most common problem.

If it's an open trace going to an address line on the cart for the Graphics ROMs you'll also get stuff like this. Take the plastic cover off the back of the upright board so you can get to the back side of the cartridge slots. Run your finger across the pins back there and look for the screen to go crazy. If it does, you have an open trace on an address line. Usually your finger will add enough to the circuit to get it to change on the screen to show the open trace.

yes it does this with other carts, consistently. I cleaned connectors and slots.
That's an interresting technique, gonna try it.

well it didn't change anything. Also tried some other card slot boards, and same result.

GOT IT ! It was a bad L0 ! Tried a blind change as it's the last thing on the P bus aside from LSPC and B1 and it worked !

Attachments

• IMG_20220606_162651.jpg
    IMG_20220606_162651.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 70
Unrelated to your issue but it would help me with one of mine… was that an original TSS cart? Or was it a conversion or rom cart?

Back