What's new

pierpa86

Student
Reaction score
Hello guys !

I got this board MV1FZS, on first power on i got BACKUP RAM ERROR...
Replaced 74HC32 and ram 1 to 4 and error is gone and game will boot... but with strange vertical lines.
Testing with Diagnostic bios.... No error found. ;(
View: https://youtu.be/wtPVfL7Mg44

View: https://youtu.be/6C13lG_dl1Q

So I moved to change the low vram even if the diagnostic bios does not detect errors and in fact the problem remained.
And now i'm stuck... What you thinks about ?
Testing i found also that Player 1 UP button not work... a lot of problem.

IMG-0959.jpg

IMG-0960 (1).jpg

Controller inputs not working is bad news most of the time. With luck it can be a bad trace, a bad CR pack (the red things), but most of the time it's NEO-C1, which dies very often and consequently hard to source from other dead boards.

Some times when NEO-C1 is bad you will get issues on graphics. So try to replace it first.

If still persist, ZMC2 may be the culprit or bad traces around it.

You have addressing issues with both FIX layer graphics as well as sprite graphics. This isn't something that happens on the 68000 bus so no diagnostic ROM can see it. I see the audio section has also been screwed with, likely an old 5V-only audio mod for those doing a line level stereo tap. Never mind the JAMMA edge.

Bad inputs can be caused by NEO-C1 as already mentioned.

Connection issues with ZMC-2 generally results in dropped data that manifests as vertical lines in sprites, but despite all the other stuff happening I'm not sure that's going on (though it's hard to tell behind your corrupt FIX layer). Without a cartridge, see if the BIOS's text and graphics are drawn clearly.

i found als
You have addressing issues with both FIX layer graphics as well as sprite graphics. This isn't something that happens on the 68000 bus so no diagnostic ROM can see it. I see the audio section has also been screwed with, likely an old 5V-only audio mod for those doing a line level stereo tap. Never mind the JAMMA edge.

Bad inputs can be caused by NEO-C1 as already mentioned.

Connection issues with ZMC-2 generally results in dropped data that manifests as vertical lines in sprites, but despite all the other stuff happening I'm not sure that's going on (though it's hard to tell behind your corrupt FIX layer). Without a cartridge, see if the BIOS's text and graphics are drawn clearly.
In the bios all text look like the video in diagnostic bios.
Same effect Same lines.

The ugly part of all this is that I don't have another card to take the parts and how much I understand there are no new parts that I can buy.
I think at this point it is better to put aside everything waiting for another card to arrive.

The ugly part of all this is that I don't have another card to take the parts and how much I understand there are no new parts that I can buy.
I think at this point it is better to put aside everything waiting for another card to arrive.
You can always send to someone that repair JAMMA boards, don't?

Back