What's new

bodgit

Professional
Reaction score
Until recently my MV1B still had the original rechargeable battery. It looked a bit grotty but hadn't leaked however it wouldn't keep a charge for very long so I figured I should replace it pronto.

I bought a Dreamcast battery kit as it looked like the correct lead layout but it was only when I put the new holder on the MV1B board I realised the spacing was wrong on the +ve leads. Rather than mess about trying to hack that to fit I spent 10 minutes in KiCad and drew a simple PCB with a 2032 battery holder and the correct lead spacing.

You can mount it horizontally, or vertically like the original battery. I believe this will fit an MV1C as well although I don't have one to hand to confirm. I'm using an LIR2032 coin cell so it's still rechargeable, but you could use a CR2032 if you disable the charging circuit.

If anyone would like one/some to fix their board(s) I have some extras, £2 each + postage. Send me a PM.

Attachments

• IMG_2824.jpg
    IMG_2824.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_2811.jpg
    IMG_2811.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 589
  • IMG_2812.jpg
    IMG_2812.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 464
Until recently my MV1B still had the original rechargeable battery. It looked a bit grotty but hadn't leaked however it wouldn't keep a charge for very long so I figured I should replace it pronto.

I bought a Dreamcast battery kit as it looked like the correct lead layout but it was only when I put the new holder on the MV1B board I realised the spacing was wrong on the +ve leads. Rather than mess about trying to hack that to fit I spent 10 minutes in KiCad and drew a simple PCB with a 2032 battery holder and the correct lead spacing.

You can mount it horizontally, or vertically like the original battery. I believe this will fit an MV1C as well although I don't have one to hand to confirm. I'm using an LIR2032 coin cell so it's still rechargeable, but you could use a CR2032 if you disable the charging circuit.

If anyone would like one/some to fix their board(s) I have some extras, £2 each + postage. Send me a PM.
Sorry. Don't know how to PM you. I have 3 MV1Bs and 2 MV1Cs. I would like to grab a few and I can see if it will fit the 1C.

Sorry. Don't know how to PM you. I have 3 MV1Bs and 2 MV1Cs. I would like to grab a few and I can see if it will fit the 1C.
Took me ages to figure this one out

In the top right corner click the envelope button
step 1.jpg
Start a new conversation
step 2.jpg
Name of person you want to message
step 3.jpg

I've just received another batch of PCBs after my last lot sold out, if anyone still needs any.

So nice, any chance for other model for example for MV-1 big motherboard?

A forgotten unit my buddy bought from you a couple years ago worked great in a MV-1C!

Any chance you'd open source this design? I'd love to put it on the ConsoleMods wiki (with full credit, of course) for others to make and link this thread for people to buy them directly.

Back