What's new
Very technical and comprehensive review, nice list of games and gameplay also, was a bit long though!!

Awesome review, I had a feeling these boards were shit, but I will get one of these for sure now! :thumbsup:

Thanks for talking the time to do this review.

and thanks for the smile I'll have all day :D

Don't worry i will do a technical review on it later, was so angry about the way he modified Q board a few Fu*kS is all i could manage at the time.
Disappointing ain't the word.

Worse than that though, he's literally destroyed Q boards to strip the parts (also CPS2 A boards I'm guessing which also makes me angry) to create that monstrosity

I believe that q sound part is a bootleg also. Either that or it's gone through the usual 'china' process from a scrap board (see fake eproms thread)
The chip has been sanded and remarked or repainted. Or is a full clone It looks fishy as fuck.

Yes the Q sound chip is reprinted on top at least, the text scratched off with fingernail!!
The chip is not painted you can see the screwdriver scratch test underneath.

Attachments

• IMAG1693[1].jpg
    IMAG1693[1].jpg
    751.6 KB · Views: 121
I take it both boards still have 3.3V ROMs, done up like

1) Overdriven with 5V supply
2) shithouse diode-based "supply" lowering VCC, but now VCCIO is too low for 5V signals(high current from clamping)
3) LDO-based proper 3.3V reg, but VCCIO is still too low for 5V signals (high current from clamping)

I'm surprised the Qsound board itself was bootlegged, that's a new one.

I take it both boards still have 3.3V ROMs, done up like

1) Overdriven with 5V supply
2) shithouse diode-based "supply" lowering VCC, but now VCCIO is too low for 5V signals(high current from clamping)
3) LDO-based proper 3.3V reg, but VCCIO is still too low for 5V signals (high current from clamping)

I'm surprised the Qsound board itself was bootlegged, that's a new one.
1) yes
2) yes
3) not sure

Yes the q board was bootlegged from the beginning on these things i could see that,
He did not bother adding any bypass caps etc. Capcom would not let something out the door like that.
check out the earlier photos from people who got the 1st version. they got a better ver.

it's a fucker what he did on the Q board, it WAS a copy and USEFUL, now it's a USELESS POS :(

check out the earlier photos from people who got the 1st version. they got a better ver.
Just wait till the DS Multi-CPS1 is out, I'm sure we'll see a bunch of these get put up on the market for cheap. ;)

But by that time, why even bother with this when you can get a DS Multi?

Just wait till the DS Multi-CPS1 is out, I'm sure we'll see a bunch of these get put up on the market for cheap. ;)
But by that time, why even bother with this when you can get a DS Multi?
I don't want it for the multi, the only reason i wanted it was to crack slammasters but it's impossible on that q sound pcb setup because he has fucked with the layout.

But yes that's what people should do. Infact i'm willing to help out with it to get it out as quick as possible so this PCB will be unsellable.

Why even bother with the DS Multi when you can make your own conversions?

Why even bother with the DS Multi when you can make your own conversions?
For a 4 in 1 (enough for the q sound) there's no need to make a custom top board at all, the only fancy bit is bankswitching the pals.

Some cases it makes sense, the cps1 is one of them.
Due to how shit the A and C boards are now for reliability. Make a top board that runs the lot and never mess about again.

If you don't have time to sit and make it or don't want to harm an original it's a good idea if it can be done well.
And 'well' is no shortcuts on anything.
The OP's system is most likely shortening the life of the rare chips so yes, a conversion is better than that case.

For the mega cps1 with all games stacked on one board ideally:
Bankswitching the A board pal possibly allow a optional Q board to sit in the middle
Need to find such a way the data bus does not conflict it should work.
Allowing everything on 1 stack but it gets spaghetti fast with jump wires.

At the end of the day it does not matter, if you convert, make a new board, repair a board with a new chip, replace a cable/label or whatever someone will always be angry!
Just enjoy the boards and whatever's fun!

Back