What's new
Hello guys ! I have a CPS1 Quiz Tonosama no Yabō 2: Zenkoku-ban (クイズ 殿様の野望2 全国版) board (CPS B-21 c board) .I don't know where to start, but i wanna to play another game on this board. What i must to do to make it possible ? It's any chance for me to learn & understand the conversion procedure ? I don't know what tools i need for this project and what i need to buy to complete a conversion, if will be necessary to do it ! ^^ Thank you in advance for all !

cdn.pbrd.co/images/HC9E9lg.jpg A

pasteboard.co/HC9F0uI.jpg B & C

pasteboard.co/HC9EQe1.jpg ABC
You can run most games on that setup. I have hand made & tested gal files for 3 wonders, strider, GNG, nemo and varth.
There's also factory gals king of dragons and street fighter 2. Anything else you will have to ask around / make yourself.

Program code is a doddle nowerdays especially for the B21.

That board unfortunately for the B board isn't laid out like all the conversion in this thread so none of them will work. A drop-in conversion would be King of the Dragons as it uses the same B board

That board unfortunately for the B board isn't laid out like all the conversion in this thread so none of them will work. A drop-in conversion would be King of the Dragons as it uses the same B board
They are all "drop in" now the programs and gal files are done, he will have to burn a gal anyway.
This video from ages ago shows that b-board running strider.

I ended up fixing the starfield error in the end.

So I was just curious, can I populate a Street Fighter 2 revision D on an 89624B-3 or 91635B-2? And if so which board should I use? And how would I lay the chips? I know these are probably newbie questions but I really want to learn. I do have the proper C board and I have an A board.

It will go on the 91635B-2, try it with the hyper fighting GAL, it should work with maybe some tiny corrupted graphics on the player select.
Never tested it on original boards, on the bootlegs it's fine apart from minor glitches on the player select screen.

cool, actually what I have is an entire chip set for the D boards including the pals the b boards that I got we're completely unpopulated. So I'm assuming I just put ROM chip number 1 Onslaught number 1 2 and so on obviously putting the sound chips where they need to be. Fortunately all these D chips are marked.. Part of the reason why I want to do this is I want to secure them on a board because I'm going to move and they have a bag of loose chips doesn't sound fun to me

Make sure it's the mask rom type board if they are original mask chips. The boards share the same "91635B-2", but will be clearly marked.

Some of the chip numbers may be swapped around, can't remember off the top of my head how it goes. it's well documented in old "GNG conversion" guides and stuff like that.

Make sure it's the mask rom type board if they are original mask chips. The boards share the same "91635B-2", but will be clearly marked.

Some of the chip numbers may be swapped around, can't remember off the top of my head how it goes. it's well documented in old "GNG conversion" guides and stuff like that.
02 with 03 and 06 with 07

cool, I want to try this shortly I don't know off the top of my head if the chips are mask or not the original chips a broken board set

Looks like you have not changed the GAL unless it's an original hyper fighting one?

yes the girl on the C card hasn't changed I did change the power on the B board

Just a thought, but has anyone done a SF2CE to Forgotten Worlds conversion that takes the spinner inputs from what would be the CN-MOWS (on the FW board) and diverts them to (for example) the CN101 and CN102 inputs on a CE board?

The objective being, to be able to use spinners connected to a CE board for a FW conversion. I know the general conversion part is possible based on @Apocalypse work but the spinner addition is what has me wondering.

Thanks for any thought or info.

Just a thought, but has anyone done a SF2CE to Forgotten Worlds conversion that takes the spinner inputs from what would be the CN-MOWS (on the FW board) and diverts them to (for example) the CN101 and CN102 inputs on a CE board?

The objective being, to be able to use spinners connected to a CE board for a FW conversion. I know the general conversion part is possible based on @Apocalypse work but the spinner addition is what has me wondering.

Not possible, FW has extra hardware: uPD4701 to read coders.

Not possible, FW has extra hardware: uPD4701 to read coders.
Thanks for the reply @Apocalypse.

I figured it was unlikely but would be cool if it was doable. Well, time to consider an alternative approach to spinners I have in mind ;)

Thanks for the reply @Apocalypse.

I figured it was unlikely but would be cool if it was doable. Well, time to consider an alternative approach to spinners I have in mind ;)
You can however modify a "normal" B-board by building a small circuit embedding the uPD4701 sitting between the IOB1 PAL and one of the program ROMs (two if the board uses 8 bit EPROMs). Schematics of the Forgotten World B- board are available online, you'll find all the info you need in them.

varth japan resale region change:
Code:
0x8B22 in vaj_23b.8f is the region flag
00: JAPAN
01: USA?? (real USA uses 03)
02: ETC
03: USA

So I have a Daimakiamura resale conversion board.

Is it possible now with things like Undamned's universal C board to convert this to a normal Ghouls n Ghosts with original code and the correct C board?

Guessing I would need the ROMs reconfigured and a GAL crafted for them?

So I have a Daimakiamura resale conversion board.

Is it possible now with things like Undamned's universal C board to convert this to a normal Ghouls n Ghosts with original code and the correct C board?

Guessing I would need the ROMs reconfigured and a GAL crafted for them?
You could use ArcadeRomPatcher to de-protect the game (if the build is supported) and swap the busted C board with a CPS-B-21

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/arcade-rom-patcher-v10_topic363397.html

Note: you need to register to view the thread. Basically you run the rom set through the app using the de-protect feature and then burn the resulting files to new eprom chips and swap the c board.

Resale conversion won't work since it was already cps-b-21 and is the wrong B board to run the original roms. You can switch the program code pretty easily as I posted about it earlier in the thread. My CPS1 conversions info

The end-result is the same thing as running the US CPS-B-01 version. I guess you could de-protect roms and then go through the PRG building process if you want to use a different build.

Back