What's new

spectron75

Beginner
Reaction score
Does anybody know what could make player 1 not work. All wiring is correct for controls. Player 2 is the only side that works. What's weird is thst player start button works to start game but u can't see player 1 to choose character. It seems like it would be a simple fix but I've tried pretty much everything. Thanks

See you ground wire towards the jamma edge and clean the i/o jamma pins too

I was able to switch out the i/0 and see if that was the problem. Still player 1 won't start. Jamma is fine. Everything connected proper. I hooked up a ps controller and that starts player 1 no problem. Have no idea what to try next. Possible jamma problem?

Yes I'm thinking the jamma. I got a brand new i/o board and the problem is still there

Its in the tekken 5 original namco cab. So yeah both ps2 ports controllers work. But for some reason only player 2 works on the control panel. It's very weird. I even tried jumping the ground from player 2 to player 1 and still not working. I guess next step is to undo all the clips, trace the wires. Maybe something pinched

Its in the tekken 5 original namco cab. So yeah both ps2 ports controllers work. But for some reason only player 2 works on the control panel. It's very weird. I even tried jumping the ground from player 2 to player 1 and still not working. I guess next step is to undo all the clips, trace the wires. Maybe something pinched
im not familiar with the layout of that cab and the manual has 2 ways to connect it. if you are using the namco jamma io and your cab is jamma, try using another pcb and test controls there. if p1 controls don't work, the problem is likely in your harness or buttons.

if you have it set up for JVS, there is a special connector it would seem for p1 controls . see page 11 of this manual https://www.gamesdatabase.org/Media/SYSTEM/Arcade//Manual/formated/Tekken_5.1_-_2005_-_Namco.pdf

that might get you closer to working things out.

你应该先熟悉PCB板上多引脚器分别对应的是什么按钮,然后找到对应的p1 start按键就可以

Back