What's new

Crimson Kino

Student
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I have a Namco 369 with Tekken Tag Tournament 2 that I have lying around that I forgot I had and it still boots up. What would I need to get this set up for a supergun? I currently have the minigun supergun and I'm not sure what else I would need

Supergun makes Jamma easy, not really so much for JVS. Axun has a dual-capable supergun but that’s it.

But you don’t especially need a supergun. For a JVS system like that, you have to answer a few questions yourself.

Audio can go directly to an amp, it’s line level out of the rca connectors. What is outputting your sound, a tv? Speakers?

Video can go directly to a display, it’s already coming out the VGA port. What display are you using?

All that’s left is controls. What are you using, usb sticks? The complete answer is you need a JVS io connected to the 369. That JVS io could connect to your supergun, then to a USB adapter like undamned’s, then you’d hook up controls to that. It’s a lot of stuff connected to each other. Some folks build their own controls chain for jvs like this https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/jvs-usb-control-box.486639/

Both audio and video are going through the HDMI when I tested it. Luckily, I also have a mini JVS I/O. I'll see if I can make this control box. I do have a Multi JVS but I couldn't get it to work with the Namco 369

Supergun makes Jamma easy, not really so much for JVS. Axun has a dual-capable supergun but that’s it.

But you don’t especially need a supergun. For a JVS system like that, you have to answer a few questions yourself.

Audio can go directly to an amp, it’s line level out of the rca connectors. What is outputting your sound, a tv? Speakers?

Video can go directly to a display, it’s already coming out the VGA port. What display are you using?

All that’s left is controls. What are you using, usb sticks? The complete answer is you need a JVS io connected to the 369. That JVS io could connect to your supergun, then to a USB adapter like undamned’s, then you’d hook up controls to that. It’s a lot of stuff connected to each other. Some folks build their own controls chain for jvs like this https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/jvs-usb-control-box.486639/
Does the tucson logic board can be use as a i/o for the 369 like one use for naomi supergun set up with the undamned usd converter

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/axun-workshop-jvs-jamma-control-box-cbox-supergun.11630/

This JAMMA/JVS Supergun will control the JVS for you and possibly power it too. Just run the video from JVS to display and you are good to goWe do make a power harness for Namco 246/256 to power the unit straight from the supergun. it is possible we could make a 369 power harness. to give you some insight here is a Before and after setup pic with the JAMMA/JVS supergun on the naomi. as you can see with the supergun the set up is much cleaner (bottom is the Axun JVS/JAMMA supergun)

Hope this was helpful.

Attachments

• before after.jpg
    before after.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 115
Does the tucson logic board can be use as a i/o for the 369 like one use for naomi supergun set up with the undamned usd converter
I am not sure which jvs ios the 369 will accept. It’s possible that it is picky

Sega I/O type A and B work fine with the a 369

Back