What's new

Myklindle

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey Guys Happy Holidays.

My wife hooked me up with a Namco Card Reader with the S-CONV PCB off of my ebay wishlist for Christmas.

The cables that run from the S-CONV PCB at J1 and J3 have been cut. Link to Images

The Seller was kind enough to provide the other end of the cable that connects to the 256, but it's from another setup, and the wires are not the same colors.

Obviously, the red and black running off the J1 are the power, but does anyone know where I can find a pinout for J3 at the s-conv PCB, and at the 256, so I can reconnect these wires and get my readers going?

I want to make some Custom T5DR characters!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Did you receive any help with this? I have a System 256 super DBZ control panel that appears to be fully populated with cables from the card reader to the header PCB in the System 256. It is one player only though but I think that’s all you have in any case. I think I remember the pinout for the card reader as being in one of the System 256 manuals but if you require photos I’ll be happy to take some.

Hey Starcade,

I never did get any assistance on that and would surely appreciate the help. What I am looking for is the pinout of the cable that runs from the S-Conv board to the card reader itself, I linked some pictures on my IMGUR in the first post. I need to know the pinout of J3 on the SConV board. If it's in the 256 manual I will look that up and give that a try.

Thanks!

That’s the manual I had seen before. For me it was partly useful because you don’t know which pin number is which on each header. I will find my CP and see if I can find any parity in the wire colours. Will see what we can do.

B94239BA-C6CB-446B-92C8-8D47CEE95A3D.jpeg

So here is the connector on J3 of S conv PCB.

pin 1 white brown
Pin 2 white orange
Pin 3 white red
Pin 4 white yellow
Pin 5 white black
Pin 6 white green
Pin 7 red 5v
Pin 8 black gnd

Pins 1 to 6 connect to the system 256 ex card. The connector for player 1 reader is a 10 way JST XAD type with clip.

not sure on the pin numbers for this but with the connector clip on the right we have

White brown. White black
White orange. White red
White green. White yellow Clip
N/C. N/C
N/C. N/C

the 5v and ground on my loom connect to the 2 player control input. In my case that would be a 12 way blast city 2 player connector which supplies 5v and gnd from the blasts power supply.

There is another connector on the S ConV PCB labelled A with black and red wires on pins 3 & 4. This goes to the kick harness connector on my blast city, similar power pins available as the two player connector.

Last edited:
Sorry I haven't got back to this project until now, but thank you guys. This is exactly what I needed. Can't wait to get on this! THANKS!!

I have a 2p tekken panel that I have working with a card reader. If it would help I can grab some pictures of the setup. I had to rewire part of the cable for it to work properly from what I remember because I was "breaking" how it should've been done with a vs setup.

Scratch that, here's some images https://imgur.com/a/1vV6nRh

Important to call out since you'll go "what are blue and green" they're +5V & GND off the 2P connector

Last edited:
I appreciate all the help with this everyone, especially you starcade. That pinout was exactly what I needed. Like an idiot I thought my tekken 5 cards would work with dark ressurection. But at least I got Smokujin in 5.1

Attachments

• PXL_20210429_073606329.jpg
    PXL_20210429_073606329.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 174
  • PXL_20210429_063349406.jpg
    PXL_20210429_063349406.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 158
Tekken 5 cards do work with Tekken 5 DR. I am running them on my set up just fine. Some of the cards are set for regions, or so I have read. That may be your issue.

Shit, makes sense cause my t5 is a legit copy, and my tdr is is from the 2x6 and only came out in japan I believe. So I'm fucked without the japanese cards huh?

I am using an export version of Tekken 5 DR with a standard dongle. I also have the 2x6 dongle but have never used it for Tekken 5 DR because it is the Asian version. Only read about the regional incompatibility so never fully checked it out. When I did try my Export disc with the 2x6 dongle and the available dongle data I got the dongle strike through at the bottom of the screen. The game still runs but the dongle strike on screen is really annoying, so you more than likely are having region problems. Find an export version of Tekken 5 DR and you should be all set.

P.S. after first connecting my card reader to the system 256 I noticed that my connector (and your connector) are for the player two side. I made some harnesses for the player one side and changed the connector on my original harness to make it the player one side also. You could do the same quite easily and make your harness for player one.

Last edited:
Yes you need TED2 or TED3 to use cards from another region

Back