What's new

einstein.pi

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello fellow System 1 owners!

I've long been a fan of some of the custom cases floating around for the CPS3 and other boards. I've always thought it was a shame that the System 1 lacked similar options. I recently messaged Jasen of Jasen's Customs when I saw he was doing a new batch of CPS3 cases to inquire if he'd be willing to do a System 1 case - he indicated he would. What he needs is 1) an example PCB (& any add-ons to design the case for) and 2) at least 40 orders.

In discussing it with him, he indicated that it looked relatively simple to design for, including for the Darksoft Multi and the Stereo Audio PCB add-ons. I'm unaware of any other add-ons for the System 1, so please mention them if I missed one. No exact pricing, but he said it would undoubtedly be similar to the CPS3 ($170).

This is a sample of his design work - the CPS3 case -
FVKxlACaQAAD0bf.jpg

What I'm looking for in this thread is the following -
1) To try to gauge if there are at least 40 case orders out there (please state interest in # of cases)
2) Gather input into design features, considerations, add-ons, etc needed in the case for the System 1
3) Gather input on color combinations (see twitter link below for some example combos he's done for the CPS3) & logos (ie I think this one with red is accurate)
hqdefault.jpg

https://twitter.com/JasenHicks/status/1536486338144645121

For the record I am unaffiliated with him (I'm just a random board owner), and all ordering will be done through his store. These are high quality cases IMO, and I'm hoping there are a number of System 1 owners out there who don't want their boards just sitting around on random surfaces.

Last edited:
For the PCB & add-ons - I'm hesitant to ship my Splatterhouse board across the ocean (he's in Japan, gets domestic US rates though (military)). I'm hoping someone may have a broken board laying around or some such. If not, and there are 40 orders worth of interest, I may work with him to locate a PCB in Japan (I do want a Yokai Dochuki board myself). For the other add-ons, I have the audio board add-on I can send him. I don't own the multi (yet).

My thoughts on color & logo - I don't think there is necessarily a Namco color combo floating around quite like Capcom. The Namco red lettering could be an inspiration though. Compared to the CPS3 case above, I could potentially see white in place of the blue, and namco red in place of the yellow (or a color swap of that), but I'll readily admit I'm not any sort of color designer.

Last edited:
Back