What's new

kyoXIII

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I hope you are well and that you have started your 2022 well. Well, I came here to see if they can guide me or fix a problem of a Jamma that I had for a long time, it is a tekken 2 that has certain flaws, I will detail them below

The game starts but blue screen appears, so it does not give way to video of the introduction. Reset

1.jpg

Now if I press the start, the game works without any problem. You can even finish the game smoothly. But you will see there are certain effects do not appear when you hit the opponent.

Issues in Baek's place

2.jpg

3.jpg

3.1.jpg

Problems in Devil's or Kazuya's Stage, the floor is represented with another stage

4.jpg

5.jpg

I will attach some images so you can see the state of the jamma

Placa1.jpg

placa2.jpg

rom.jpg

placa4.jpg

And these are the problems arise in this jamma, you can play without problems, but the ideal would be to be able to solve those problems, I hope it is not an error of the roms, I will be attentive to your comments and suggestions. Thank you

Looks like an issue with the top board where the Sony customs are located. I can spot some areas where some SMD caps are missing.

The romboard mask roms are starting to go bad on these now, if you can get access to another set to swap the PCB's to narrow down the issue?

The romboard mask roms are starting to go bad on these now, if you can get access to another set to swap the PCB's to narrow down the issue?
unfortunately I do not have another spare, if so I would have tried friend :c. the funny thing is the time my father had the arcade, it worked without any problem

Time is not kind on PCB's, they are 30 years old now ;)

If you have a soul edge or tekken 1 this has the same GPU board <AKA top board>

C2 is prob. worth fitting, most of the others are for video RGB and general filtering so won't affect the game in this way.
That said, it's good practice to fit them...
I need to make a video debunking missing filter caps on these namco boards :P

Time is not kind on PCB's, they are 30 years old now ;)

If you have a soul edge or tekken 1 this has the same GPU board <AKA top board>

C2 is prob. worth fitting, most of the others are for video RGB and general filtering so won't affect the game in this way.
That said, it's good practice to fit them...
I need to make a video debunking missing filter caps on these namco boards :P
I understand, because for example I have a lot of MVS neogeo and they have been good years like 30 or so and this day they continue to work without problems, SNK did know how to make titles with only casset

There's not a lot to go wrong on MVS carts, however the motherboards had a nasty battery!
If you still have any on the original battery it's advised you remove before they leak! (or leak worse...)

The older stuff is much more reliable! As the technology "gets more advanced" the operation and construction quality gets worse...
Be thankful this is not a BGA based system :D

This tekken 2 board is basically OK, i think you have a bad ROM or loose GPU pin / bad GPU ram, the boards ideally need swapping about to narrow it down.

There's not a lot to go wrong on MVS carts, however the motherboards had a nasty battery!
If you still have any on the original battery it's advised you remove before they leak! (or leak worse...)

The older stuff is much more reliable! As the technology "gets more advanced" the operation and construction quality gets worse...
Be thankful this is not a BGA based system :D

This tekken 2 board is basically OK, i think you have a bad ROM or loose GPU pin / bad GPU ram, the boards ideally need swapping about to narrow it down.
That's right, I was thinking that it may be some faulty rom (or current output of the roms). Thanks, I'll see what I can do about it.

It's worth doing the missing capacitors on the top board anyway (and C2 may fix the issue)

You need / missing:
Important filtering:
C2 - 47uf 16v

Video level quality
C60 - 10uf 16v
C67 - 10uf 16v

Filtering (not so important, but worth doing)
C16 - 100uf 16v
C35 - 100uf 16v

Also be sure the legs of RAM IC's 22 23 24 25 are clean and good soldering.

It's worth doing the missing capacitors on the top board anyway (and C2 may fix the issue)

You need / missing:
Important filtering:
C2 - 47uf 16v

Video level quality
C60 - 10uf 16v
C67 - 10uf 16v

C16 - 100uf 16v
C35 - 100uf 16v

Also be sure the legs of RAM IC's 22 23 24 25 are clean and good soldering
Thanks a lot dude I'm going to try

thats predictable.

i have had about 7 of those sys11 systems.
every damned one of them has had damage on the psx board from being crushed/stacked or just thrown around! :(

thats predictable.

every damned one of them has had damage on the psx board from being crushed/stacked or just thrown around! :(
Of course, I said to the friend before, they are jammas have been worked for years, later I only stayed with the best or the ones I could rescue, because most of the arcades have been sold :c

You need / missing:
Important filtering:
C2 - 47uf 16v

Video level quality
C60 - 10uf 16v
C67 - 10uf 16v

C16 - 100uf 16v
C35 - 100uf 16v

Also be sure the legs of RAM IC's 22 23 24 25 are clean and good soldering.
i have a question dude, I can't find the C35, won't it be the C53? Thanks

thats predictable.

Its sad how some people tend to treat these boards. Just because they are based on PlayStation hardware doesn’t mean that they’re durable and can just be thrown around like a normal home console. 😔

Its sad how some people tend to treat these boards. Just because they are based on PlayStation hardware doesn’t mean that they’re durable and can just be thrown around like a normal home console. 😔
Glad to read this thread, i have a fairly clean TTT board and was worried it was going to suffer the same rom fate

The program chips tend to go first but recently some dead / faulty romboards happening too.
After 20 years fuji's will croak at random. It's luck of the draw on part choice / build of the board too....

As you see on this one the rombard is 50% fuji so ....

He got lucky with intel program chips though ;)

the program is in flash, so thats fixable anyway.
just lift them and prog them in a tsop adapter
roms failing is more of a pain.
worst thing would be gal failure because they arent dumped.
i did socket them all on both sys11 and sys12 once, but they are all protected :(

meantime I wait the C (and I hope that's the problem folks) I'll show you something I could rescue from a good while playing

The game saves the scores, I could corroborate it when I played with Paul and then with Law, although the game is reset when the title appears, the memory does not fail
IMG_5568.jpg

Certain effects do not appear in player 1, but in player2 (I still think incorrect, because I do not remember the effect of that power of Kuma, but bad memory, I think they were claws)

Back