What's new
quick question. Is anyone working on a Namco System 2 already? What is the real interest on a multi for this? How many people has a PCB of this system?
INTEREST CHECK!!!!!

f900268df5b8b61a2546a83a95fcb208.jpg

quick question. Is anyone working on a Namco System 2 already? What is the real interest on a multi for this? How many people has a PCB of this system?
To be clear, I started this thread after looking at the list of games on the system:

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=525

I don't even own any of those boards, and no one is working on a multi for this that I know of.

This place just inspired me to post this thread in the hopes that another cool ass multi would be made...

It was just a thought.

I have no idea if it is even doable.

And of course I would be forced to buy one and search for a donor board just like all the rest...

:D

Do it sir ! i love the Namco System 2 collection . I have a Gholly Ghost pcb (Thanks to @Frank_fjs) . i searched for one on a decent price about 7 months . The purpose from the start was to convert it and to play the Rolling Thunder 2 release . But again , if the multi board will replace the suboard who are used on Final Lap's games or the rest of racing games like Suzuka, Steel Gunner ,Steel Gunner 2, will be more guys who will purchase this multi if will be to be. If not, will be hard to get a Namco System 2 pcb with one of :

Assault, Assault Plus ,Bubble Trouble, Burning Force, Cosmo Gang The Video, Dirt Fox, Dragon Saber, Finest Hour, Golly Ghost, Kyuukai Douchuuki , Marvel Land, Metal Hawk , Mirai Ninja ,Ordyne ,Phelios ,Rolling Thunder 2 ,Super World Stadium, Super World Stadium '92, Super World Stadium '93 ,Valkyrie No Densetsu

i'm in for 1 if will be

Last edited:
I started mapping things out and looking at hardware variations. But I didn't get to far into it.

There are several variations of the hardware in regards to the graphics configuration. so you won't be able to support the whole library however most of the joystick games share the same setup. I think aside from metal hawk all of the joystick games could be supported and you'd only be missing the driving and gun games.

It's also worth noting that not all of the games have had the security patched out, so that would need to be done as well.

I don't believe anyone is making a multi. I love the games on this system. I already have a board, and I was already planning a conversion based on some other posts prior to brentradios.

If you do make a Multi, I'd keep it on the down low until its finished. I've been paying attention to the market and noticed prices on Sys2 boards have jumped since this thread was made.

Crazy to think it happened while the Multi wasn't happening! 8|

I'm all for more multi's, without a doubt. +1 from me to create as many multi's as you can @Darksoft, @Apocalypse, @Hammy, etc.

But as @Rg111 noted, once anything (multi or conversion) is even *HINTED* at, everything in sight gets scooped up (first on eBay, forums, then it proliferates through to Japanese sites, YAJ, etc.).

Not only are eBay and forum price gougers watching, but shops like Tops / Sophia are definitely reading this forum. Also that Emporium site.

Without a doubt, whatever is discussed this week ALWAYS turns up in abundance for a greater price on their sites, eBay, etc. in their next updates.

I guess there's no way of helping it really, it's just sad to see that if your pockets aren't ready when the announcement is made. Expect to pay or hunt hard for decent priced donors.

I watched Cosmo Gang go from $250 to $400, and even that was a deal compared to $400 games going to $700.

And Valkyrie? Psh! Forget it!

You bring this up like you can actually buy System 2 boards
I see Steel Gunner/SG2 come up for sale on occasion.
But you are right the boards aren't readily available... I've always wanted to play Dragon Saber (I was a big Dragon Spirit fan).
Without a doubt, whatever is discussed this week ALWAYS turns up in abundance for a greater price on their sites, eBay, etc. in their next updates.
Gives us alot of power don't you think?
I've been trying to hype up Pitfighter personally, I'm sure it can break the 100$ mark!
I may need to resort to making a Youtube video first tho. :P

YESSSS its AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!1111
oBltEpw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
;) Not at all, it's a good thing these things are hinted at, discussed, speculated and worked on. It's all for the greater good of preserving games. I just feel that without deep pockets and the foresight or ability to buy things early, this hobby is getting uber expensive.

I'm privy to some information on upcoming unannouced multi's, and it's nice to see the donor boards still just sitting there, obtainable, even in full kit form :). Trust me, this would not be the case if a thread was made (one of the multi's is pure killer, no filler), and I saulte those with similar knowledge for not taking advantage of the situation and buying everything in sight up.

Not at all, it's a good thing these things are hinted at, discussed, speculated and worked on. It's all for the greater good of preserving games. I just feel that without deep pockets and the foresight or ability to buy things early, this hobby is getting uber expensive.
I was 1000% joking for what it's worth.

I've been trying to hype up Pitfighter personally, I'm sure it can break the 100$ mark!I may need to resort to making a Youtube video first tho. :P
Man, the "hidden arcade gem" influencer shit on YouTube is the fuckin' worst...

"Oh look, it's a shit game that's cheap.... WHAT? there's no videos on YouTube yet about this? Let me buy, play, record and regurgitate some highly intellectual verbal diarrhea thesis as a soundtrack for about 30 minutes and jam pack it with crap anecdotes, analysis and top it off with an e-begging cherry asking people to put money (starting from just $1) into my bank account monthly and click a little thumbs up". Meh. #SPAM.

No videos @jassin000... but then again, I'd probably enjoy watching your channel because you've always got a formed opinion you can back up with your truths.

Man, the "hidden arcade gem" influencer shit on YouTube is the fuckin' worst...
I blame racketboy. That's where that stuff started. Even before the YT stuff.

That dude still updates those posts too, which is crazy to think of.

I met that Racketboy founder in the early days of the 1UP (what happened to EGM/Ziff Davis) forums back in 2004.
Should have been LESS supportive ;)

Back