What's new

Slypty

Student
Reaction score
So I helped out a guy with a Blast City Nanao, when he had it would shake horizontally and actually collapsed vertically.

I did a full recap, replaced various out-of-spec resistors and cleaned out all the potting compound. The POT/variable resistor for HV. Adj was gunked, so I replaced that also.

We fired it up tonight, and was looking good off the bat. A few minutes in though, shakes developed. I've fixed monitors before, where if it was previously shaking, a new cap job would still shake but would go away after a while.
After about 30 minutes the shaking would sometimes almost stop for a few minutes, but would continue randomly. We called it a night.

The video shows before I made any color adjustments, the color actually ended up looking really good.

Wondering if there's specific components I can replace, or even if there's specific POTs I should have tried to turn a bit to fix the issue. Thanks for any insight.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12U4OhtFhKovCN5li4B4xFBZWQsFyg4t6/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Does the cab in the Blast City usually run off a step-down transformer? It's from Japan, so maybe it doesn't? If it does I'd want to check that out first.
Updated to a working link.

Last edited:
Back