What's new
Want To Buy
I posted in another section before but...

I went with total replacement to increase both airflow and silence the unit. The stock fans just outright sounded like a banshee in a cardboard box.

I went with these for the GPU and CPU fans

DRJ52JEl.jpg

They fit perfectly between the cooling fins on the heat sinks and the holes line up. I did have to change the screws out for longer ones. I also had to take the power connector ends off of the old fans and use them on the new fans so I could plug them directly in where the old ones plugged in. This took a minute as the Naomi actually uses the sensing wire to see if the fan is on. If it's not the Naomi will not start up.

Iep41B1l.jpg

h61ukjZl.jpg

lqbK3a3l.jpg

Then for the case fan I went with this (This fan also works on the case in a Naomi 1)

ArRqnzvl.jpg

It pretty much perfect also. I also had to do some work on the connectors to make sure it plugged in right.

gKbStoRl.jpg

When I was done the machine was whisper quiet and I had no issues with cooling or anything.

Hope that helps!
Sorry I know this is old, but what screws did you use for the cpu fans? Thanks!

Interested to know what screws did you use too...
M2,5 * 15mm or something like that ?

I couldnt find anything that exactly worked. So I found some screws at Lowe's that would thread down into the base plate and it happened that they were very snug on the inside of the fan holes. Then I put a few dabs of LokTite down in the holes. I may never get them apart ever again but, I am pretty sure they aren't going to rattle loose either. Sorry I don't remember the exact size of screws.

I think I need to replace one fan on my N1. Thanks!

Back